Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Peeling Clear Coat

Bart8528
10-10-2011, 04:41 PM
I have a '98 Chevy G20 Express conversion van that is losing all its clear coat that's on the conversion fiberglass parts (top, window and wheel well trim, etc.) Because of the height of the unit it has always been out side in the sun. All of the factory paint is good, only the added pieces are affected. Any ideas about stripping and preparing for repainting? Sand paper and elbow grease?

Ikeepitreelz
11-16-2011, 07:40 PM
I have a '98 Chevy G20 Express conversion van that is losing all its clear coat that's on the conversion fiberglass parts (top, window and wheel well trim, etc.) Because of the height of the unit it has always been out side in the sun. All of the factory paint is good, only the added pieces are affected. Any ideas about stripping and preparing for repainting? Sand paper and elbow grease?

Hey, I have the same problem, factory paint is descent, I've heard you can sand down the clear coat and just re-spray it . Don't know much about body work, It's an art to me but should've of picked it up along the 25 years of working on mechanical stuff . Le t me know if you find an answer to this problem

Add your comment to this topic!