Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Picture of my loot

reveller
05-31-2003, 04:02 PM
Just got back from the local hobby shop (100 miles away :eek: )

I got a Revell Ferrari Modena and a Tamiya Supra. The Tamiya is my first ever. They cost so bloody much so I hope it is worth it. There were tons of nice Tamiya kits around but most of them were over $30 apiece and my price limit per kit was set around $20 per kit so I couldn't get them:( . The $41 dollar Tamiya Modena sure look tempting though.

Cheers,

reveller

Blowncivic1320
05-31-2003, 04:06 PM
looks like a pretty good buy...hope they turn out nice, good luck on them
by the way are u plannin anything custom???

blueboost
05-31-2003, 04:20 PM
the 360 is not a very good kit. fitment issues, especially with the rear bumper was a problem for me. the kits stance after the build was gross. all and all I despised the model and parted it out after building it. sorry to say but.... take it back and put the money twards the tamiya one before you open it!!

daggerlee
05-31-2003, 04:26 PM
Sounds like an expensive store to go over 100 miles each time for! You might want to try looking into ordering all your supplies by online shops, do it in big shipments to save on shipping!

fullbloodchop01
05-31-2003, 04:37 PM
WOW 100 miles?! that pretty damn far, but you got a nice buy there, you should really look into buyin kits and supplies off the net

supratuner
05-31-2003, 04:53 PM
Nice, supra, cant wait to see it.

reveller
05-31-2003, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the comments! Yea, I was a little crazed to go 100 miles :bloated: That was the closest hobby shop to where I live and I was curious to what they have. Like most of you said, I will be getting my stuff from the net because some of the stuff is a bit overpriced plus I don't want to drive so far!

Blowncivic1320, I think I will build these two models stock but I don't plan on building these two kits soon because I have a few kits that I plan to build before them but hey, you never know.

blueboost, I know that the Revell Modena is not as good as the Tamiya one but I have seen finished models on this site and I think it looks good enough for the price that I paid for.

reveller

supratuner
05-31-2003, 06:47 PM
reveller, your info says you live in "carolina" is that suppose to be like NC or SC?

Just wonderinf :D

lowcrome
05-31-2003, 09:21 PM
that 360 is a really bad kit no detail pieces dont fit
and the window frame is really weak

:bloated:

it does come with a screen for the grill tho:bandit:

Tyrant442004
05-31-2003, 09:35 PM
all I got to say is KOOL

reveller
05-31-2003, 10:38 PM
Like I said again, the Revell sucks compared to Tamiya but with a little work, it should turn out nice. I might get the Tamiya version later after I get some more $$.

supratuner, I live in SC. Now you know why I had to go so far to get to a hobby shop, lol. Seriously though, there used to be one that was about 20 miles away but they closed down last fall :( . I am sure there is a lot of hobby stores where you live in NC. Let me know if you know any good ones.

Cheers,

reveller

supratuner
05-31-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by reveller
I am sure there is a lot of hobby stores where you live in NC. Let me know if you know any good ones.

nope, one, and he sucks, has like 20 tamiya models, all of them extremly over priced, also, its mostly a V8 store so yeah, i wouldnt expect much tamiya.:(

but if ure into camaros and corvettes, hes prolly the best place in the world to go:D

Add your comment to this topic!