Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Toyota door stuck shut!

whyohwhy
10-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Hi All:)

Got a 95 Toyota Tercel as my run around car and all of a sudden the drivers door won't open. Handle works on outside, inside handle works, lock manually and with key works, but the door is stuck shut! Took as much of the door panel off as I could with door shut, and can see that the levers and arms move when I use the lock, handles etc...any ideas besides a tall cliff?! Got a lot of miles left in this ole clunker!:runaround:

maxwedge
10-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Then lock itself is probably bad, with the release handle/s in the unlock position give it a "shoulder block".

jdmccright
10-14-2011, 12:41 PM
I had to deal with a stuck door on my Camry earlier this year due to a broken spring inside the lock mechanism. If the lock mechanism used is similar (they are both similar model years) you might be able to use my solution here:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=441937

Hope this helps!

whyohwhy
10-15-2011, 11:13 PM
Thanks all:) Have tried absolutely everything...pushing, shoving, kicking, cussing, with handles pulled open and lock unlocked..all seems to be in order but won't open. Threw in the towel and am having a body shop look at it first of this week! Txs for the tips, links and will keep you posted in case I have some new light on the situation lol

Add your comment to this topic!