Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'01 LS8 Driver Door Module issues...

chollybennett
10-02-2011, 10:31 AM
I was tired of being without my remotes, due to a bad DDM, but not prepared to go the OEM and dealer install route due to cost. Saw an unused DDM with pre-keyed remotes for cheap on Ebay, so I decided it was worth a shot. Mixed results... Saw that the new remotes have no panic button (3-button instead of 4), but I can live with that. The remotes work fine otherwise, but now I have other issues...

First, the auto door lock feature no longer functions (where the doors lock themselves when the car begins to move). Second, the dual-setting memory seat function no longer works.

My first impression is that, despite the seller's contention that the new module works for the LS (it is NOT the same part# as my original), the new module is in fact for a lesser featured car, thus no support for the extra features I have lost.

Anybody have any thoughts on this? Is it possible that the new DDM can be programmed to support the extras, or needs to be initialized in some way? Thanks in advance for any advice...

shorod
10-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Is it a Ford OEM DDM, or aftermarket? If OEM, and the part number is not the same, that should be your first clue that this DDM may not support all the same features that your car originally had.

The Autolock feature is a programmable feature on some models, you'll need to check your owner's manual to see if that is a feature you can program yourself or if it requires a trip to the dealer to program.

As for the memory seats, I thought all LS's had that feature so it surprises me that doesn't work. Have you tried doing an Internet search for the part number of the new DDM you bought to see what other vehicles it may be compatible with? Have you tried contacting the seller?

-Rod

joegr
10-02-2011, 03:34 PM
I think that memory seats are optional on some years of the V6 LS. I would guess that maybe you got a module from one of those, but the lack of the panic button makes me think you got one for something other than an LS.

chollybennett
10-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Ah! You're the man, Rod... After checking the OM, I was able to re-activate the auto-locks through the message center (it said they were already on, but I had to turn them off and then back on again before they would work). No such easy fix for the dual memory seats, though... :crying:

Yes, it is an OEM Ford part (YW4T-13C791-BA). The Original was a YW4T-13C791-AB. The seller (a recycler who got a few of these off of new door panel sub-assemblies sold for salvage) says in his listing that these work for LS's whose current DDM's start with "YW4", "XW4" or "1W4".

I'm gonna research the part numbers, and contact the seller tomorrow...

Thanks again!

Followup: Google search discloses that both part numbers above are for a Jag S-Type, so I assume they are interchangeable to the LS, but I don't know about whether they are to each other... Research continues...

Add your comment to this topic!