Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Column ignition help needed!

Toomanyprojects1
09-27-2011, 03:03 PM
My neighbor asked me to look at her "car". The car is around a '92. After taking the column apart, I found the problem. The PLASTIC piece connecting the ignition switch to the ignition box broke. I would like to know the name of that part, and anywhere one can be found(new). I know I probably have to remove the steering wheel, and of course, the ignition switch. Any help is appreciated.

All2kool
09-27-2011, 03:06 PM
My neighbor asked me to look at her pos. The car is probably around a '92. I didn't askAfter taking the column apart, I found the problem. Other than the fact that it was made by ford that is. The plastic piece connecting the ignition switch to the ignition box broke. I would like to know the name of that part, and anywhere one can be found. I know I probably have to remove the steering wheel, and of course, the ignition switch. Any help is appreciated.

So let me see if I have this right: You don't know what year the car it is and could not be bothered to ask. You're bashing Ford when you're working on a Lincoln. And you want our help?

Take a screwdriver and shove deep into your eye socket and if you feel any resistance at all, you do in fact have something in there but my guess is it will be shit as that is what you are full of. That aside, try going to a wrecking yard dumbass.

Add your comment to this topic!