Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 GMC Envoy Blower Switch Issue

rstern
09-22-2011, 12:45 PM
2002 GMC Envoy SLE, 4.2 Liter I6, 4WD, 160,000 Miles

Seems that the blower switch on the dash is slowing losing the ability to work, at first position 2 stopped and the progressively 1, 2, 3 and 5 no longer work with only position number 4 currently blowing anything out.
Everything else works just fine, the temp slides turn the heat up or down on both sides and I have no problem switching where the air is coming out be it the floor, mid level blend or the defrost. Thought maybe it was the switch?

Might anyone have a thought as to the reason and solution or repair.

In reading thru the other ENVOY posts it looks like it may be the blower motor resistor assembly or module.

I would appreciate any help, instruction and part number, thanks

maxwedge
09-22-2011, 06:30 PM
The relay/resistor is up behind the glove box on the blower case, also watch for the connector having melted, this is a common issue on these trucks.

rstern
09-26-2011, 02:45 PM
2002 GMC Envoy SLE, 4.2 Liter I6, 4WD, 160,000 Miles

Seems that the blower switch on the dash is slowing losing the ability to work, at first position 2 stopped and the progressively 1, 2, 3 and 5 no longer work with only position number 4 currently blowing anything out.
Everything else works just fine, the temp slides turn the heat up or down on both sides and I have no problem switching where the air is coming out be it the floor, mid level blend or the defrost. Thought maybe it was the switch?

Might anyone have a thought as to the reason and solution or repair.

In reading thru the other ENVOY posts it looks like it may be the blower motor resistor assembly or module.

I would appreciate any help, instruction and part number, thanks
A quick thanks to all that helped with this issue, it has been fixed and the wife is happy, life is great again

Add your comment to this topic!