Page updated on 11-18-2017

Panel Lines

darcyrossi46
09-12-2011, 04:30 PM
In using my new iwata hi line TH airbrush for clear coating i have filled in some of the panel lines on my studio 27 mclaren f1 GTR. :crying:

Any ideas as to how to rectify this. I can still see the lines but most are filled with clearcoat. I can only think of trying to mask it or using a gundam marker, i tried a marker before on previous model and the pen dried out after about 30 seconds:frown: which makes me a bit reluctant to try one again.

Ii usually use a oil paint and thinners by the way as a wash.

darcyrossi46
09-14-2011, 08:31 AM
think i have sorted it myself now.

found a zig millenium pen at my local art shop 005 nib.

am having to very carefully go over the lines. Difficult as the pen tends to slip out of the small recess left.

Good thing about the pen though is it just wipes off with a cotton bud and a little tamiya wax.:biggrin:

will try and load some pics to show you work in progress, i think its not too bad all things considered? what do you think?

MerlinPro
09-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Possibly try using a lighter gray or darker shade of the underlying body color. To just suggest the lines.
In 1:1, panel lines seldom appear flat black. Pretty paint job on the Mc by the way.

darcyrossi46
09-14-2011, 03:58 PM
thanks merlin pro. Unfortunately the art shop only had black pen and i couldnt think of any other way to do it after filling in most of the lines.

Hopefully i can keep the paint job looking good for the finished model

Add your comment to this topic!