Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1989 bronco not starting HELP!!

bronco89
09-11-2011, 09:08 PM
I have a 1989 bronco eddie bauer with the 5.0l v8. its an efi and its not starting while i crank the motor. it has good pressure in the fuel rail and i checked the inertia switch, plus all the relays and it has spark at the plugs. i know ford had a recall on the tfi module which is on the distributor but i dont know if thats the problem.. and i also tried spraying gas in the intake while i had some one crank it for me. still nothing. every once in a while i hear it fire once but it doesnt happen often. what could it be??

cstarz95
09-13-2011, 02:37 AM
I had something similar to what you are describing. You can actually get the TFI module on the dist. tested at Autozone etc. That was the culprit with mine. Hope it helps

chamblizi
09-14-2011, 01:57 PM
I have a 1989 bronco eddie bauer with the 5.0l v8. its an efi and its not starting while i crank the motor. it has good pressure in the fuel rail and i checked the inertia switch, plus all the relays and it has spark at the plugs. i know ford had a recall on the tfi module which is on the distributor but i dont know if thats the problem.. and i also tried spraying gas in the intake while i had some one crank it for me. still nothing. every once in a while i hear it fire once but it doesnt happen often. what could it be??
try checking your alternator a bad alternator can litterally keep your engine from starting if you have a clunk
sound as if its trying to start most likely the alternator is bad

Add your comment to this topic!