New clockspring but still no horn

buffercat
09-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Hi, just to give update of what was going on, 2002 lesabre limited ,air bag light coming no horn and wipers now and then didn't work, every thread etc said clockspring. Installed the new one from GM and light is now out it did flash 3 times today but has been good since, everything else seems good but still no horn. There are no codes left so all is good. Now, I have power at the fuse and can hear the relay click when the wife pushes the horn, stupid thing from here is where the heck is it lol. looked all around the front inside fenders etc, someone tell where the damn thing is lol. I'm guessing I have a bad ground because the horn will not work even when its programed into the door lock option, (if only I could find it :( )

maxwedge
09-01-2011, 07:48 PM
I will look at mine tomorrow AM.

maxwedge
09-02-2011, 08:45 AM
Remove the lt ft fender inner front liner, the horns in there.

buffercat
09-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Excellant , thanks I knew they hide it somewhere lol. Thanks again for taking the time.

enslow
09-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Did they do away with the horn cam after 2000? I know that besides the obvious horn itself and relays, the horn cam wasn't something I had thought until I got out my ohmmeter and did some good ol' fashioned diagnosis.

buffercat
09-13-2011, 08:39 AM
Sorry taking so long to look at this, been away. Today I'm looking at horn issue but while I was away the damn air bag light came back on , no warning chimes but it's staying on all the time. Not impressed after throwing out $270 for a new GM one .....

maxwedge
09-13-2011, 08:58 AM
You need a scan for sirs codes then using a sirs troubletree for tracing circuits to locate the issue.

buffercat
09-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Checked everything for the horn relay etc all good but still no horn. I put it together and head to the shop and borrowed buddies scanner. Came up no codes but when I went into history I seen a B0041 left side airbag open loop. I cleared this code which would have been leftover and yahoo, I can toot my own horn again. thanks for the help guys...

Add your comment to this topic!