2002 eddie bauer edition Differential Pressure Feedback Electronic Sensor circuit High Voltage and door ajar light

uricharity
08-31-2011, 09:28 AM
Good morning. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My check engine light is on and when I look up the code(p1401) it says it is Differential Pressure Feedback Electronic Sensor circuit High Voltage. What is this and should I get it fixed. My car has about 160,000miles on it and would just like it to last another year maybe two without putting too much money into an older vehicle.

Also, recently(the last maybe month or so) the door ajar light is on all the time. When I am driving down the road it beeps like someone just opened the door and the locks lock and unlock( it gets pretty annoying) This causes the dome light to stay on and run my battery and I cant lock the car because the alarm goes off at random which really pisses off your neighbors at 1:32am on a Tuesday. Any suggestions?

shorod
08-31-2011, 01:28 PM
Welcome to the forum! Both of these issues have been addressed a few times on this forum. There are a couple of common issues for the door ajar indicator, namely door switches and broken wires between the door/liftgate and the cabin.

The DPFE is also a common part to fail, but they don't often lead to a P1401 code. I would suggest you search this forum for that code if you haven't done so already and see if there are additional tests that you may want to try.

-Rod

Add your comment to this topic!