1990 Honda Accord getting no power

Mas7er
08-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Ive run into a snag.

I made a long trip and I got into a fender bender (less than 5 mph). The radiator got pushed back a few inches and some of the fins are bent. Anyway I went to go start my car up and it started just fine. I let it warm up and went to turn around to go to a friends. Put in reverse, backed up and put it into drive and it died. Now I get no power anywhere. The only things that work are the emergency lights and the horn.

Weve tested the battery and fuses and all of the main fuses get power to them, but the smaller fuses (20, 15) get almost no power. Turning the key I get no sound whatsoever. No turning, no clicking, nothing.

I honestly have no clue what is wrong. I replaced the alternator 2 years ago. I checked all of the normal things I usually do when my car acts up (spark plugs, oil, battery, fuses) But now Im stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

wiseguy01
08-28-2011, 12:53 AM
need to get the battery tested because if its a lead acid battery they have lead plates that are not to touch and the little fender bender has to be more than five miles an hour because the bumper is designed to take a hit at five miles an hour without caving in and second behind that bumper is a steel reinforcement type bumper that take quite a punch to bend and last the radiator support is bent along with the radiator so long story short it might have started but then shorted aka a bad cell and doesnt provide enough cca to start the car because lights dont take that much to run so if you are near an autozone take your battery and have them do a load test on your battery and since the car dont run you will have to take the battery in and have them do a load test and lastly i dont think this year has a fuel cut-off that will activate when sensing an accident i might be wrong so let me know how it goes and in no way please do not take this post any wrong way i just speak from experience

jeffcoslacker
09-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Core support touch the battery positive post and short it out, burning the fuse links maybe?

Add your comment to this topic!