Page updated on 11-20-2017

Heading to MOTOGP Races at IMS...

Zonic2001
08-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Went last year to this race and I'm returning this year. Last year I was not into modeling but this year, I am. Therefore, are there any hobby shops or vendors related to our modeling hobby at subject race this coming weekend? Anyone I should be looking for?

racer93
08-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Went last year to this race and I'm returning this year. Last year I was not into modeling but this year, I am. Therefore, are there any hobby shops or vendors related to our modeling hobby at subject race this coming weekend? Anyone I should be looking for?
I'm still thinking of going. I can't decide.

Are the general admission seats any good? Or, is it best to have a reserved seat? I can only do Sunday, if at all.

Zonic2001
08-25-2011, 10:31 AM
I have reserve sitting because I want to see action of more than one turn and be sure that I have a cover over me in case of rain. The GA seats are mostly along the front straight and you see them (the bikes) come and go with no turn action, maybe some turn action but at a distance. With GA you can bring your chair and seat in the infield. There is an elevated area that people do more picnics and watch the race sitting on the grass or on folding chairs.

My fun part are the vendors and manufacturer's tents. I bring my camera to take a lot of reference pictures. Have fun if you decided to go.

Il dottore
08-25-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm still thinking of going. I can't decide.

Are the general admission seats any good? Or, is it best to have a reserved seat? I can only do Sunday, if at all.

Just go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scream as loud as you can and make sure he wins his first race for ducatu. I now it`s a long shot so scream very very hard.:tongue::tongue:

I would like to join you but it is 4200 miles from here.:eek7:

Zonic2001
09-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Races were excellent. I was very impressed with the Harley Davidson Race. Closer race than MotoGP. Anyway, the entire weekend was great!!! A couple less vendors than the prior year but at least there were about 50 of them, so a couple missing was not that bad.

Add your comment to this topic!