2001 Rodeo - Need Help Identifying Issue

bejoykr
08-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Hi All,

I have a 01 Rodeo with 75K. Recently it started throwing codes 171 - 175. This only happened when I take it on long drives. Once its been running long, it would kind of hesitate and then the codes will popup. So changed the O2 sensors. It also threw a 300 and based on that changed the sparkplugs(NGK).

Last week on another long drive, with AC on, it started hesitating with flashing CEL and then completely stopped. Giving it gas would do nothing and had to get it towed. After it cooled off, it is working again. Took to the dealer and they can't find anything wrong.

BTW in the mornings, it wont start on the first one or two cranks and then does a little bit of hesitation for the first couple minutes of driving.

Any idea what this could be?

bejoykr
08-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Any help?

Cat Fuzz
08-18-2011, 10:20 PM
Don't shoot the messenger! I'm not sure why people instantly think o2 sensors when this code pops up. They are simply reporting what they see. You likely have a faulty MAF sensor or a vacuum leak somewhere.

amigo-2k
08-19-2011, 10:30 PM
I would keep it simple and change out the fuel filter to start out with ...

Also it could be a bad intake manifold gasket .... super common issue ....

bejoykr
08-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Thanks...will start with fuel filter. The dealer said it could be the MAF, but not sure.

Add your comment to this topic!