Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

1996 s10 2.2l hesitates

seang1989
08-14-2011, 11:02 AM
I have a 1996 s10 2.2l 5 speed. The truck hesitates and sputters on me when I accelerate. It only does this is first and second gear. When I am in 3rd, 4th, or 5th gear, even reverse it runs fine. I have check the whole exhaust, the cat is gutted and I just put a new muffler on it. I also have replaced the MAP sensor along with both O2 sensors and the EGR valve. I need help cause I dont know what else there is that can make is mess up on me.

82Stang
08-14-2011, 07:10 PM
I have a 1996 s10 2.2l 5 speed. The truck hesitates and sputters on me when I accelerate. It only does this is first and second gear. When I am in 3rd, 4th, or 5th gear, even reverse it runs fine. I have check the whole exhaust, the cat is gutted and I just put a new muffler on it. I also have replaced the MAP sensor along with both O2 sensors and the EGR valve. I need help cause I dont know what else there is that can make is mess up on me.

Along those same lines, even though mine is a 93 Blazer 4.3L, check that the IAC (Idle Air Control) valve is clean and secured to the plenim. There is a rubber oring I think. Also there could be leakage under the plenim, as with the 4.3L's, making it run crappy and causing the fouling of the O2 sensors, cat etc. Or lastly check fuel pressure.

Add your comment to this topic!