Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 s-10 5 sp 160k clutch line keeps busting

mason2010
08-01-2011, 07:59 PM
i have a p8 s-10 5 sp with 160k miles on it last Sunday the clutch line blew i replaced it 2 days later same thing and today another new hose blew about 6in from the clutch slave cylinder i have tried looking for any extra heat that could cause a failure but no luck i am trying to figure out what is causing the extra pressure in the hose any help would be appreciated

MT-2500
08-02-2011, 08:11 AM
i have a p8 s-10 5 sp with 160k miles on it last Sunday the clutch line blew i replaced it 2 days later same thing and today another new hose blew about 6in from the clutch slave cylinder i have tried looking for any extra heat that could cause a failure but no luck i am trying to figure out what is causing the extra pressure in the hose any help would be appreciated

New GM oem replacement line?

Is clutch hard to push or working normal?

Are you getting a good plug-in on clutch cyliner?
When it blowed was it extra hard to push?

Got any exhaust leaks or add on exhaust pipes?

mason2010
08-02-2011, 08:57 AM
everything felt normal up till the time it blows
i have had someone say it might be the release bearing or a clutch cable but i am not aware of a cable to check i do have a leak in the exhaust but that did not seam to be the cause to me i noticed the leak when i did a head gasket job 3 months ago and just the problems started this week

MT-2500
08-02-2011, 09:33 AM
everything felt normal up till the time it blows
i have had someone say it might be the release bearing or a clutch cable but i am not aware of a cable to check i do have a leak in the exhaust but that did not seam to be the cause to me i noticed the leak when i did a head gasket job 3 months ago and just the problems started this week

Did you use a new GM OEM clutch line to replace it?
If not do so.

If you have a exhaust fix it.
Heat from a leak can damage the plastic line.

Confirm the line is pluged in good to slay cylinder.
If not pluged in good the line will shut off hyd. fluid flow and cause extra high pressure on line.

Make sure pressure plate is not extra hard to push at all times.

If all else fails get a pressure gage on line and watch for extra high pressure.

mason2010
08-05-2011, 01:16 AM
found a hole in forward exhaust pipe under the heat shield large enough to stick my thumb through going to replace that when i have the money and some one told me that the hose busting could be do to a bad throw out bearing or heat from the exhaust any 2 opinions out there
1 fix exhaust
2 pull tranny and check throw out + clutch
3 Both
any other thought are welcome

MT-2500
08-05-2011, 05:53 AM
found a hole in forward exhaust pipe under the heat shield large enough to stick my thumb through going to replace that when i have the money and some one told me that the hose busting could be do to a bad throw out bearing or heat from the exhaust any 2 opinions out there
1 fix exhaust
2 pull tranny and check throw out + clutch
3 Both
any other thought are welcome

Did you not read and or forget to answer my post no 4 ????????????

What kind of line did you use for repair??/////////??????????

Throw out bearing has nothing to do with slay cylinder pressure build up.:nono::nono::nono::nono:

As to someone told you who was the someone??????
If you want to go down on the street corner or coffee shop you can find and get a lot of maybe's on repair infomation.

bozr
08-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Broken motor mount.

RedNeckerson
09-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Broken motor mount.

I don't know. It would have to move quite a bit, wouldn't it? Well, I'm curious anyway.

Hey, I thought in stoichiometric combustion there WAS no smell?

Add your comment to this topic!