Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

A/C blower issues

hregent
07-31-2011, 10:58 AM
I have a 2000 ls v8 and having issues with a/c ,heat(when cold) when I turn on the controls for defrost,air,heat the message comes up (passanger door open) and the blower won't work but the control I push is still working cuz I can feel it coming thru the vents except the air is still hot and when I hit the off button it locks my doors. It don't do it all the time. I know I have to replace my clockspring I am wodering if that have anything to do with that too. I did the test on the datc and that ended in all 8's with no codes.do someone know what's going on here?

joegr
07-31-2011, 11:19 AM
That sounds like some serious wiring harness issues. Do you have a remote start installed?
I'd get under the passenger side of the dash and look the wiring over.

hregent
07-31-2011, 12:24 PM
No i don't have that installed.

shorod
07-31-2011, 07:46 PM
I would have a very hard time explaining this if it turned out to fix anything, but having personally witnessed some very strange things that were fixed by a new battery, I'd suggest you take a look at how old the battery in the trunk is. If it's more than a few years old, I'd replace it and see if that has any impact. The 3 year old battery in my wife's former 2002 LS caused random stalling, usually the first drive of the day when she would shift from reverse to drive at the end of the driveway.

-Rod

Add your comment to this topic!