Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Rodeo 3.2L V6...long crank/start times

vzfox
07-27-2011, 05:35 PM
I would say about every 6 starts or so, it takes about 15 seconds of steady starter cranking to get it started. You can hear a slight "cough" while cranking on it. Once it starts it idles and drives just fine. EGR valve holds pressure and all vacuum lines appear to be in good shape. Alternater reads good and no elect issues while its running.

How to check and possibly adjust the timing, it has three coils up front but no distributor. What should the timing be set at? thanx.

Cat Fuzz
07-28-2011, 09:26 PM
You cannot adjust the timing. I would be checking the fuel system to see if pressure is bleeding off. Install a fuel pressure gauge on the rail and see if fuel pressure drops over time with it sitting.

vzfox
08-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Just FYI....

I have decided it would be in my best interest if I went no further with it and just sold it as is. Thank you all for your help and opinions.

My new/old vehicle is now a 89 Chev single cab pickup with 90k original miles (family vehicle gave to me by my father).

The problem is/was a small break in the head gasket that has now blown completely out.

Add your comment to this topic!