Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Anybody order anything from StradaSports recently?

360spider
07-26-2011, 12:37 PM
Trying to get a hold of Kevin for several days now, no response to email, no return of my calls, not picking up the phone. Are they still in business?

jano11
07-26-2011, 12:39 PM
A couple of months ago, it all went fine.
Maybe he's on holiday?

Veyron
07-26-2011, 01:01 PM
Don't know what the delay is but he is definitely still in business.

I got some decals a couple weeks ago...and he's in my circle of friends so if something major happened I would know.

Fangi0
07-26-2011, 04:03 PM
This has been discussed on the GPMA board recently.... Apparently he's been on holiday. He's back now, and is working through the backlog...

racer93
07-26-2011, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I've had some issues recently...customer service is going down a bit as he gets busier...:(

360spider
07-26-2011, 08:17 PM
OK, thanks for replies guys, I just got a response from Kevin, all good.

gtziaf
07-27-2011, 04:06 AM
OK, thanks for replies guys, I just got a response from Kevin, all good.
I order a MFH kit and some PE sets, 2 months ago and still waiting...
Very disappointing from him...
Hope they came to me soon...

CrateCruncher
07-27-2011, 10:58 AM
I've had an outstanding order for 2 months also. I like Strada but really need the parts. I'm about ready to give up and give the business to someone else who has the stuff in stock.

ridefast
07-28-2011, 11:09 AM
Some time ago I ordered a Bentley kit from him and had to wait for it for a year or so.

What was the reason for such a delay? He had to order the kit from LMM and wait for production rerun and kit delivery. At first I was really fed up with this situation but later on I realized that he managed to get me a kit labelled as discontinued by all other sellers.

So to sum it up. If you have to wait for the kit from STRADA SPORTS it is only because it is REALLY HARD to get. I will definitely buy more kits from them in the future.

leafs004
07-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Kevin is also usually good about communicating the delay. About a year ago I placed an order and he was out of stock on a couple of items. He sent me a quick email stating that the parts would be in stock within a few weeks. A few weeks later, the package arrived. Service has always been good.

RonCla
07-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Kevin is also usually good about communicating the delay. About a year ago I placed an order and he was out of stock on a couple of items. He sent me a quick email stating that the parts would be in stock within a few weeks. A few weeks later, the package arrived. Service has always been good.

My experience has been the same on several occasions that I have ordered and items weren't in stock. He never charges my credit Card till he actually ships the order, that is a huge plus for me.

gtziaf
07-28-2011, 06:39 PM
My experience has been the same on several occasions that I have ordered and items weren't in stock. He never charges my credit Card till he actually ships the order, that is a huge plus for me.

He charges my cart and still the kit not send it from Hiro (the order placed before 2 months). Don't understand this different kind of policy. Maybe because I 'm from Europe.
No problem with the guy. I order a MFH before and he send it to me rapidly.
But with this order, I'm not so lucky. Hope they came soon.
With regards
George

star21
07-28-2011, 09:48 PM
He charges my cart and still the kit not send it from Hiro (the order placed before 2 months). Don't understand this different kind of policy. Maybe because I 'm from Europe.
No problem with the guy. I order a MFH before and he send it to me rapidly.
But with this order, I'm not so lucky. Hope they came soon.
With regards
George

I've been charged prior to him shipping the out-of-stock items before. Many of those times I had a split of in-stock and out-of-stock items so it's understandable. I've had orders where I had to wait several weeks to several months for them and I've always received them. I still do business with him. The only thing I wish for is that he had a program installed on the store's site that specified if it were in-stock or not.

The thing I learned when I used to be in charge of ordering for an auto shop is that delays can come from anywhere, especially from parts distributors. Distributors themselves may not have stock of the item, have to do a production run to make them, shipping delays, etc.

lumpulus
07-29-2011, 06:17 AM
The only thing I wish for is that he had a program installed on the store's site that specified if it were in-stock or not.

I generally will not do business with an online retail site if they don't have this capability. sometimes I miss out on a limited release, but rarely.

The one exception recently was the preorder for the MFH Gurney Eagle kit...that is a MUST HAVE. :naughty:

bvia
07-29-2011, 07:08 PM
Got an e-mail from Kevin today to say that the order I placed last week was dropped in the mail this a.m. (had to wait on some Alcad II black base which was out-of-stock).

Helico
07-31-2011, 09:51 AM
I never have problem with Stradasports. Kevin is often quick in replying emails (I consider 1-3 days as quick). His price is also very competitive. I got free priority shipping all the time. New items which come from oversea do require some waiting because he orders them in bulk (and passes on the saving to his customers).

Of course, it would be great to know the stock availability before ordering.

beaver63
07-31-2011, 12:31 PM
Of course, it would be great to know the stock availability before ordering.

In the last order I was waiting for the wheels from HRM half of the year. So last week I sent a query email to stock availability. The answer has not yet come.

Hemi Killer
08-01-2011, 02:16 PM
I have placed two orders within the last month. when you place an order, there is a comments box. with both orders I asked if they would please let me know if any of my items were backordered. if they were, nothing can be done about it, i just wanted to know.

Both times I recieved a prompt response, once on a Sunday night. two items from Top Studio were backordered, as well as some Allclad that was already on its way.

it is a little frustrating to not know whether or not stuff is in stock, but the communication from Strada has been great as well as customer service.

The only two items I dont have are from Top Studio and it seems no one else in the US has them either, so I dont think Strada could have done anything to prevent this anymore than other distributors.

I also ordered several kits and supplies last year with great communication and service. backordered parts and delays aren't really a concern as long as the communication is there. I have been very happy with them so far.

racer93
08-01-2011, 02:34 PM
I repeatedly use the comment box to no avail. I guess they don't see it or check it often?

GirchyGirchy
08-07-2011, 10:24 AM
He was on vacation recently - I'd emailed about some items and a response took a bit, but it wasn't a long delay.

I've emailed other times and have always gotten a good, quick response. I'll definitely order again.

Zonic2001
09-01-2011, 08:51 AM
You can't tell from his website if the item is in stock or not. He needs to update his page to include this information. I ordered stuff about a year ago and he shipped it within a week or so (assume he had it in stock) but later, like 6 months ago, I started to have bad customer service on stuff he was out of stock but never told me about it. A short e-mail telling me about the delay would have been nice but never got it until I pester with phone calls. Therefore, I hate to take my business outside USA but lately I buy directly from overseas and I get the items quicker than Strada. Price wise is about the same cost. This is factual and can't be hide.

360spider
09-01-2011, 09:14 AM
I finally got my order. It took about 5 weeks after Kevin said it would take about 2 max. So, take it for what its worth - I got it cheaper than I would have anywhere else, but I needed it kinda fast, so that wasn't such a good deal after all.

gionc
09-01-2011, 11:54 AM
The barrel full but the wife drunk...... you want too much Alex :D

gionc
09-01-2011, 11:57 AM
WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOST SOMETHING COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE AF MODEREATOR? BY WHEN??????

Congrats man but mainly congrats mister AF (well I don't meant really Igor LOL), you both got a great deal ;), we need to celebrate!!!!!! Pie smile needed!

auw12
09-01-2011, 12:10 PM
WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOST SOMETHING COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE AF MODEREATOR? BY WHEN??????

Congrats man but mainly congrats mister AF (well I don't meant really Igor LOL), you both got a great deal ;), we need to celebrate!!!!!! Pie smile needed!

We need a party and all get very drunk!:runaround::runaround::runaround:

lumpulus
09-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Unless an item is a must have and can't be had anywhere else, I will never order from an internet site that does not have some type of "real time stock" system. Sprue Brothers website is a great example on how an internet business should be run.....too bad they don't carry Automotive stuff. ;)

360spider
09-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Dude, it has been few months...but thanks! I'm don't really mind the wait, but make realistic promises. If it wil ltake 5 weeks, say it will take 5 weeks and I'll be happy.

CrateCruncher
09-01-2011, 10:43 PM
I finally got my MFH parts yesterday. I ordered them June 8. I too really needed the stuff to finish a project that I'm now way behind on. In Strada's defense, they did answer all my inquiries promptly but kept telling me the order would be shipped next week for two months. I'm going on the assumption it was a fluke and things are now back to normal. (But I also hope people will keep this thread updated....good or bad.)

lezdep
09-02-2011, 04:34 PM
I had not have any problems with Kevin so far. I usually get timely email responses. Delivery is not fast, but that's
because I select cheapest shipping method. So, no surprises there. In other hand I'm never in a hurry with new kits,
I have a big stash of unfinished ones. So far I did not find better prices anywhere else. Especially for S27 PE sets
and MFH kits. I plan to continue ordering from Kevin with confidence.

250 Testa Rossa
09-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Greatest service ever!

Hemi Killer
09-05-2011, 03:32 AM
I still have not got my studio 27 part/s, but I was told they are on back order and would be shipped when they came in. I knew this before purchasing so i have to live with it.

misterjimmy
09-08-2011, 03:35 AM
I actually did order some carbon decals as well from Strada waited a good month and a half to get my order. I just got it a few days ago. The best thing to do is to follow up with owner just to make sure he's on top of it.

generationx
09-14-2011, 10:42 AM
I saw the item I wanted on Strada's site, then just dropped Kevin an email to which he replied promptly. He then sent me another mail when the item I was after came in stock, then I placed an order. Delivery about 10 days CA to UK. Excellent service.

racer93
09-14-2011, 12:04 PM
It's kinda hit and miss. I think he must get busy and/or sidetracked at times (like we all do) and thus things get a bit behind. Overall a positive experience, just sometimes it can get frustrating like anything or anyone else.

John18d
09-15-2011, 04:18 PM
I have ordered items from Kevin for about 4 years now and the only time there is any delay is when a supplier does not ship to him quickly so he can ship to you. I recently placed two orders - 1 for a number of Tuner Model Manufactory which is still not completely shipped, but Kevin emailed me immediately a while back to tell me the items were out of stock and he was not sure of when they would be available. He offered a full refund, but I have great faith in Kevin as he has always filled every order I have placed. I then place another order a couple of months later - a week ago -and Kevin has emailed me with the shipping information, and I will be getting that very shortly. In addition Kevin shipped the out standing items (first order mentioned here) that he has managed to get. I have asked and ordered many unusual items from Strada (Kevin) and he has done a superb job in finding them for me and shipping quickly. If anyone has an order that is taking a while I'm sure if they email Kevin regarding it - he will either fill the order if available or offer a refund. Unlike some distributors Kevin has always been upstanding and professional with me and I will continue to buy items from him with 100% peace of mind - John

Hemi Killer
09-15-2011, 05:32 PM
I have ordered items from Kevin for about 4 years now and the only time there is any delay is when a supplier does not ship to him quickly so he can ship to you....- John

this is basically what I am experiencing. the only 2 items I have not recieved are from Top Studio. The metal wheel nuts and the smallest size of the hose/pipe fittings. I have searched high and low, and they are not available anywhere else either.

935k3
09-27-2011, 08:55 PM
I just ordered some decals this week. I e-mailed on Saturday and asked if he had them in stock or if had to order them. I got a email on Sunday and he said he had them in stock. So I ordered them online Sunday night and got an e-mail today saying they were shipped. I certainly cannot complain about that. It pays to just send an e-mail before ordering and find out what the status of what you want is and make your decision on that.

Hemi Killer
05-24-2012, 07:58 PM
does anyone know what Kevin is up to, or has anyone ordered within the last couple of weeks? I placed another order and I'm having a hard time getting a hold of him. Not worried, just have some questions.

ScaleCentral
05-24-2012, 10:14 PM
does anyone know what Kevin is up to, or has anyone ordered within the last couple of weeks? I placed another order and I'm having a hard time getting a hold of him. Not worried, just have some questions.

He just had a birthday. Other than that, he recently sent me a piece from HRM that I had on back order. He answered my email when I sent him one asking what the charge was for fairly quickly. I know his full time job takes up a big chunk of his time nowadays.
Nic

John18d
05-24-2012, 10:46 PM
I received some decals I ordered about 6 weeks ago - Understand that in today's economy no one can survive on just the modeling world to keep them in business - Kevin I'm sure has a full-time job - be patient and give him a chance - What is the issue? can someone else help? what parts are you looking for? - John

Hemi Killer
05-24-2012, 10:57 PM
I received some decals I ordered about 6 weeks ago - Understand that in today's economy no one can survive on just the modeling world to keep them in business - Kevin I'm sure has a full-time job - be patient and give him a chance - What is the issue? can someone else help? what parts are you looking for? - John

I have a similar business in a different industry, so I understand completely. Im not upset or worried, I just need communication. Some of my items were backordered. I asked him if he could ship what he had, and the rest when it got in. I offered to pay the double shipping.

its really not a huge issue, I was just wanting the items to continue my projects. I know alot of the items come from many different vendors, and even different countries.

I like buying from Kevin and waiting wont change that. I was just wondering if anyone knew if he was on vacation or something like that.

Big Kahuna
06-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Kevin,
You have let me down and I feel ripped off.

I ordered several LMM kits from him last year (25/7/11) and have been charged and still not seen anything. I have received excuse after excuse. The last excuse was in January. I have the email trail (10 emails) and nothing.
This is what I ordered.

Qty Name SKU Each Subtotal
------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 LMM124071_0K Bentley EXP Speed 8 '03' #7 Winner LemansLMM124071_0K $140.00 $140.00
1 LMM124047K Audi R8 Gulf Lemans 2001 LMM124047K $135.00 $135.00
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal $275.00
Shipping: Air Mail ( over seas) $16.00
Tax Total $0.00
Grand Total $291.00

Payment type:MasterCard

Not happy about this at all.

Nenad

Hemi Killer
06-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Is he waiting on the items from LMM?

The biggest problem is some vendors will take your paymentthe and use it to purchase your items. I have had to do it before but it should be mentiones up front. Im not saying this is what he does but with the economy today its hard to come up with the capital to stock everything especially in the hobby industry

Big Kahuna
06-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Yes he was waiting on the items from LMM. But this order is now nearly 1 year old. Last time he "updated me" was back in January. 5 weeks, 2-3 months I wouldn't really care about, but this is now ripping me off to a decent sum of money.

I want either the models or my money back. I'm done with excuses.
It's pretty black and white.

And I'm still not happy!

RonCla
06-28-2012, 05:19 PM
My last order with Strada was back in Oct 2011. I did receive a confirmation email to say the order had been received but nothing else. My repeated emails go unanswered.

Fortunately no charges were made against my credit card. I know take my business else where.

ianc911
06-29-2012, 01:33 PM
My last order with Kevin (for ~$150US) was on 15 Jun, which is about two weeks ago. Not that long ago, but my credit card was charged on the day of purchase and I have already received the bill and paid it.

Still no response from Kevin of any kind apart from the automated order confirmation. I know that it takes time to process orders, and that he might need the payment up front to order stuff. No problem. I just need communication. Is it that difficult to spend 3 min. writing an email giving me some status info?

People say 'Oh, Kevin has a day job', and 'he's always done right by me', but if you are running a business and taking people's money, that entails certain responsibilities, and keeping your customers informed is part of that. Not that happy...

ianc

Hemi Killer
06-29-2012, 04:26 PM
My last order with Kevin (for ~$150US) was on 15 Jun, which is about two weeks ago. Not that long ago, but my credit card was charged on the day of purchase and I have already received the bill and paid it.

Still no response from Kevin of any kind apart from the automated order confirmation. I know that it takes time to process orders, and that he might need the payment up front to order stuff. No problem. I just need communication. Is it that difficult to spend 3 min. writing an email giving me some status info?

People say 'Oh, Kevin has a day job', and 'he's always done right by me', but if you are running a business and taking people's money, that entails certain responsibilities, and keeping your customers informed is part of that. Not that happy...

ianc

this was my problem. I dont mind waiting but the communication wasnt there. I sent 3 emails, and after the 3rd, finally, all I got as a response was "its going out tomorrow".

Its a shame to see these guys decline in service and stuff but if you dont communicate, people will go elsewhere.

racer93
06-29-2012, 05:12 PM
this was my problem. I dont mind waiting but the communication wasnt there. I sent 3 emails, and after the 3rd, finally, all I got as a response was "its going out tomorrow".

Its a shame to see these guys decline in service and stuff but if you dont communicate, people will go elsewhere.

My problem is this--where to go? Kevin's got (ostensibly) the best selection of most any store in the US. Is there a better one out there?

Hemi Killer
06-29-2012, 05:47 PM
Media mix in Singapore has been solid. Fast shipping and their site shows what's in stock. I wait maybe a week longer than the fastest shipping US company. They have an excellent selection

RonCla
06-29-2012, 06:03 PM
My problem is this--where to go? Kevin's got (ostensibly) the best selection of most any store in the US. Is there a better one out there?

StradaSports does list a great selection on the website but without communication you have no way of knowing what is in stock or even if its available. Since he won't answer my emails I'm left in the dark

I could second Media Mix. I've been dealing with Wong for years without an issue.

John18d
06-29-2012, 11:39 PM
I can't recommend Mac's Modeling enough - he has a lot in stock - he can get anything from Japan - Hong Kong etc and it usually has cost me less in the long run. Mac is experiencing some growing right now though - he's looking for a bigger shop - he'll need some help soon as the volume is picking up - I probably do $300-400 a month with Mac and I am very pleased. I am aware that places like HLJ require a minimum purchase before shipping to a stateside vendor - so I do not mind having to wait a month - I am very please with his service - as for communication - I send in the order - and then I call to find out when my payment is due - usually when the stuff arrives and is ready for pickup or shipping. Give Mac an email or a call and see if you want to send your stateside business there. For anyone wanting the website link or the lastest news letter just PM me - John

Keep in mind guys that you are just one order (one email) when you add up all the orders there's hundreds of emails - they cannot be expected to sit around all day just answering emails - I submit an order give it a couple of weeks if not in stock then I make a call - a few minutes on the phone goes a long way. This is what I do with Mac at Mac's Modeling - Kevin is a different matter as of late - John

John18d
06-29-2012, 11:52 PM
Media mix in Singapore has been solid. Fast shipping and their site shows what's in stock. I wait maybe a week longer than the fastest shipping US company. They have an excellent selection

Hemi Killer - If you're happy with media mix then I am not one to tell you where to spend your money but for me I try to spend my model money on companies here in the USA like Mac's Modeling and Stradasports (at one time) if we cannot support our stateside companies there wont be any - John

Hemi Killer
06-30-2012, 12:49 AM
Hemi Killer - If you're happy with media mix then I am not one to tell you where to spend your money but for me I try to spend my model money on companies here in the USA like Mac's Modeling and Stradasports (at one time) if we cannot support our stateside companies there wont be any - John

When i can't get anything within a reasonable amount of time or get any sort of proper communication from an American company what do you suggest.

I buy regularly from Strada, Scale Motor sport, model car garage and my local hobby shop. I only recently found out about Mac's and I don't build F1 cars.

I buy Zero from the UK, and the other hard-to-get parts from Singapore. I have stocked up and spent over $400 from these US companies in the last couple of months, and about $100 between Hiro and Media Mix. That should last me for a very long time.

John18d
06-30-2012, 06:31 AM
When i can't get anything within a reasonable amount of time or get any sort of proper communication from an American company what do you suggest.

I buy regularly from Strada, Scale Motor sport, model car garage and my local hobby shop. I only recently found out about Mac's and I don't build F1 cars.

I buy Zero from the UK, and the other hard-to-get parts from Singapore. I have stocked up and spent over $400 from these US companies in the last couple of months, and about $100 between Hiro and Media Mix. That should last me for a very long time.

Hemi Killer - I was not attacking you personally - please don't take my comment that way - I was just stating I try my best to support American first then I go off shore - with respect to Mac's Modeling - you are mislead - Mac does everything not just F-1 - I'm primarily a MotoGP - Racing Bike -Sports Cars guy but I do a few F-1 and I also do SF3D (maschinen Krieger) and Mac gets that for me to. He can get everything that Kevin can get and stocks Top studio - T2M - Hobby Design - AZRM wheels - KA Models - Nicolecron decals -and much more and many of the newly released models are in stock - Take another look at his website and notice the other tabs on the left side of the web page the tabs for the other types of Modeling - Mac is also working on being a USA "Zero" paints distributor - Mac can get anything you just hav to let him know what you're looking for - John

Hemi Killer
06-30-2012, 09:42 AM
I wasn't offended, no need to apologize.

I will check back with Mac now that he's back in the US.

Big Kahuna
07-01-2012, 11:04 PM
I have finally had some emails from Kevin (Surprise surprise) on this matter.

Just to clarify, I double checked my bank records I have not been charged for the order.

As for the rest, I am getting my order cancelled. The 1 year wait is a joke. If it is beyond his control, then something should be said earlier. This is the bit I am unhappy about and looks like I am not the only one. The communication coming from there was less than ordinary. Each to there own, but I'll go elsewhere in future. There's your retraction!

Thanks for nothing SS.

Add your comment to this topic!