trailblazer no sound from rear door speakers

gillette106
07-25-2011, 08:22 PM
I have a 2004 Chevy trailblazer. I got in to got o the store the other day and realized that my rear door speakers were not working. I checked fuses and none were blown. I have a line out splitter attatched to the rear speaker wires behind the stock radio for my subs. My subs are still pumping, so that tells me that the radio is putting out signal to those rear speaker wires, but still nothing from each of the rear doors. I am curious if there is a simpler way to fix this aside from taking the rear doors apart to check the speakers. is it possible the radio is shot? what are the chances that both door speakers blew at the same time?

Thanks for your time. Any help is appreciated.

ff-racer
07-27-2011, 10:04 AM
My TB sat out in a heavy rains. Found the speakers full of water. Water leaks down the window and drips right into the speaker box.
I replaced with poly cone speakers and poked a small hole at the bottom of the speaker to let it out if it were to happen again.

rubberman
12-19-2011, 04:17 PM
same with ours, both speakers were blown. I bought some new ones and rewired them and it all works fine.

rubberman
02-15-2012, 10:03 AM
mine were dead too a couple yrs ago. Noticed one is dead again so i will be doing that soon.

yemmet
08-14-2013, 01:48 PM
I have a 2005 Trailblazer and all of the speakers quit working except the passenger door. Wasn't sure whether it was the radio or the speakers. Seemed unusual that 3 of the 4 speakers would crap out. Had a friend with a good speaker and we removed one of the door panels and hooked up the good speaker. Sure enough it worked. I ended up buying 3 speakers and replacing those in the vehicle. I now have 4 working speakers.

Add your comment to this topic!