Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Specific Vacuum Hose Sizes- 92 S10, 4x4, TBI

Wags391
07-23-2011, 03:35 PM
I've searched and searched and I cannot find the exact hose sizes for vacuum lines for my 92 S10 Blazer, 4x4, TBI, 4.3L. The reason for needing this information is because I have been having problems with vacuum, and I've read that the incorrect size could effect things. I'm currently using mostly all fuel line for my vac hoses, but I've read the size of fuel line is not correct for vac lines. Could someone please point me in the right direction for all this? I would like specific sizes for everything vacuum related: 4x4, EGR, etc. I just put in a new long block and it's still not running like I think it should. The cruise control isn't as powerful, the A/C vacuum lines lag when accelerating, and the 4x4 takes longer than it should to engage.

Thank you.

MT-2500
07-24-2011, 02:48 AM
I've searched and searched and I cannot find the exact hose sizes for vacuum lines for my 92 S10 Blazer, 4x4, TBI, 4.3L. The reason for needing this information is because I have been having problems with vacuum, and I've read that the incorrect size could effect things. I'm currently using mostly all fuel line for my vac hoses, but I've read the size of fuel line is not correct for vac lines. Could someone please point me in the right direction for all this? I would like specific sizes for everything vacuum related: 4x4, EGR, etc. I just put in a new long block and it's still not running like I think it should. The cruise control isn't as powerful, the A/C vacuum lines lag when accelerating, and the 4x4 takes longer than it should to engage.

Thank you.

Kinda like brake lines.
Remove old one go to good parts place and match up.
A good parts place has most vacuum and gas/fuel lines and fittings for coupling them together and so on.
I run into lot of odd vacuum lines like 5/16 on one end and 3/8 on other end.
It is either dealer and order them or make up with plastic vacuum line fittings.
Or in a emergancy repair us the smaller line and slip on end over bigger fitting on other end.
Most parts places have the plastic fittings for making up vacuum lines.
Like 5/16 - 3/8 or 90 degree bens or T fittings. for hooking up 3 hoses together.

Yes fuel and vacuum are different in sise and made of different stuff and do not work well is used for wrong applacation.
Fuel line most popular is 5/16 and 3/8.
I have used fuel line on larger vacuum fittings like PCV valves 5/16 - 3/8.

Vacuum hose most popular vacuum sise are 5/32 and 7/32.
Real small used on heater controls .11 in.
And bigger used on brake booster and pcv valves.

On vacuum line replacement and repair watch and check the plastic couplers and plug on.
Plastic does get old and brittle and break.
Also some plastic lines used for vacuum.

Vacuum and fuel and oil lines do no mix well.:nono::nono::nono:
Vacuum line will not work where there is gas or oil running threw it.
Also there is low pressure fuel line and high pressure fuel injection line
Use fuel line where there is gas.
And where there is oil us oil line like on transmission and transmission cooler and oil filter.
And where vacuum use vacuum line.
PS.
Also there is air lines rubber and plastic and AND AC Compresser rubber lines.

On ac/HEATER CONTROLS there usually is a plastic ball vacuum tank and a check valve that helps hold vacuum on a pull/engine load.

Add your comment to this topic!