A/c on 98 windstar 3.8 lit (240000kms)

jayjp200
07-18-2011, 09:03 PM
Hello,
I have a 98 Ford Windstar with 3.8 liter engine.
Recently I have noticed that the air flow from A/c start to slow down by itself after a/c works for about 30 minutes.
The fan seems to be running at the same speed and feels like it struggles to push the air through.
If I stop and park for few minutes and turn the a/c off - a lot of water comes out from the outlet at firewall. The a/c runs normal again with good air flow. The control switch works fine and moves the air flow position. Just with the reduced air flow.
The same repeats in next 30 minutes.

I find it very strange, did anyone had a same problem? The outlet from firewall is a straight plastic pipe with no extension to it.
Please reply.
Thanks.
Jay

grog11
07-19-2011, 03:45 PM
You may have some dirt or debris in the condensate tube. Can you try blowing it out with air, or sticking a wire in there to see if it has a leaf blocking the hole inside? This may cause water build up in a large quantity inside, reducing air flow volume from the blower.

My other thoughts would be clean the blower resistor wiring connections for corrosion, or, the fan motor may be getting weak and heating up slowing down the fan speed.

How is the battery voltage, and have you cleaned and checked all the ground terminals?

jayjp200
07-19-2011, 10:05 PM
grog11 - As you suggested I removed the blower fan and cleaned inside. Also poked a wire through from outside. Did not find any debries.
May be the blower motor is the culprit and slows down after a while.
The battery & alternator shall be okay as it is only 6 months old.
Thanks.
Jay

Add your comment to this topic!