Page updated on 07-19-2018

HELP with Mclaren F1 GTR Please

darcyrossi46
07-14-2011, 09:53 AM
i am building the studio 27 kit. Need some help with the malboro decals along the side of the car please. They are shown wrapping around the fin that runs along the middle of the door. However the fin thins out into the body. This will mean that the marlboro decal will not be straight as it has different thicknes's to go around. Can any of you please tell me how you solved this issue?

Doc305
07-15-2011, 05:03 PM
I've never built that car but your problem seems it can be solved with MicroSol or any other decal setting solution...

darcyrossi46
07-16-2011, 02:10 AM
doc. thanks but the issue isnt getting the decals to wrap around, its that because the fin that it has to wrap around is different thickness as it goes down the side of the car which will make the marlboro logo uneven. I will try and put some pictures on to make it a bit clearer what i mean.

grundski
08-15-2011, 03:54 PM
I guessed and sliced the decal so the bottom of the rib would not have any decal. It's a problem that the decal is not created properly and with one decal you cannot fix it correctly. Basically, your SOL and on your own.

Add your comment to this topic!