Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ripped off By Chevy Dealer Service Dept?

ampig
07-13-2011, 06:01 AM
Local Chevy deal just hit me for $1000 to reoplace SDM modue and instrument cluster. The car wouldn't start - all the idiot lights came on and styed lit with the key on. First they replaced the instrument cluster and then the SDM,. Then I ran into an old friend who used to be a Chevy mechanic. He told me that neither the instrument cluster nor the SDM would keep the car from starting. He said it was just a security system malfunction and to start the car all I neede to do was -Try to start the car. When it wouldn't start leave the key in the on position while the security light blinked (10-11 minutes). As soon as the security light stopped blinking, turn off the key and quickly try to start the car. That should sync the security system and the car should start. Any thoughts on this?

GMCustomerService
07-13-2011, 09:41 AM
I would be happy to look into this for you. In order to do so, I will need some more specific information from you. If you could please send me your full name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, current mileage, and dealer name via private message, I will be able to take further steps. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Add your comment to this topic!