Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Wow....brake pad job so easy.

ChevyMan99
07-11-2011, 07:27 PM
I took on this job today for the first time, and I knew it was something that I could handle, but it went so smoothly I was amazed. Is this something that is supposed to be that easy, or are there things to watch out for? I keep thinking I missed something, but the car drives great and the pads react very well. I had more trouble with a fuel filter!

orkel
07-12-2011, 06:11 AM
Speaking as an ex mechanic, front disc brake in the majority of cars are the biggest rip off in the automotive repair business. It is an easy job that they charge the max for. ever wonder why they can have so many "specials" on brake repair?

ChevyMan99
07-12-2011, 07:55 AM
Speaking as an ex mechanic, front disc brake in the majority of cars are the biggest rip off in the automotive repair business. It is an easy job that they charge the max for. ever wonder why they can have so many "specials" on brake repair?

Good point...I'm so sick of seeing those stupid Meineke commercials where they say, "you tell us what you want to pay." What does that tell you? The prices are already so high, they won't take a loss no matter what!

Add your comment to this topic!