swamped sonata

spanky43
07-11-2011, 07:49 PM
my wife who sees herself as a uboat commander drove my 2006 v6 sonata into a flooded street. the car stalled and i could not get it started for three days. now it will start but it knocks really loud and water is still coming out of the exahaust. any ideas of what i can do to fix this? should i start it and just let it burn the water out? will the knocking hurt the engine while i try to burn off the water? andy thoughts would be appreciated. thank you

lowsonoma1999
07-13-2011, 12:36 PM
my wife who sees herself as a uboat commander drove my 2006 v6 sonata into a flooded street. the car stalled and i could not get it started for three days. now it will start but it knocks really loud and water is still coming out of the exahaust. any ideas of what i can do to fix this? should i start it and just let it burn the water out? will the knocking hurt the engine while i try to burn off the water? andy thoughts would be appreciated. thank you
If it's knocking, the motor is already toast. If it sucked up water, you can guarantee it has a bent rod or 6. We just got in our 2nd motor today for a 3.3L Sonata that drove through water.

Add your comment to this topic!