'96 2.6L Idles fine, misses and dies @1600 RPM

Poncho_Bob
07-10-2011, 12:15 PM
I receintly picked up someone else's headache, and I would like to make it run. I have a '96 Rodeo 2.6 with a 5 speed manual, and the previous owner had replaced the following components: ECM, distributor, cap, rotor, wires, plugs, coil, map sensor, fuel filter, and air filter & the oil looks good.
It runs ok at idle, but has very little power and begins to miss intermittently (under load and no load) and stops running around 1600 rpms. I have connected a Actron scan tool to monitor the readable data, paying particular attention to the MAP and TPS indications. The base reading for the TPS is 0.0 with @ idle and increases as one would expect when pressing the accelerator. The MAP is reading 10.5-11.5 in/HG, ignition timing is 15 deg. adv. and fuel pressure (using an external guage) is 37 PSIG @ idle.

Any help pointing me in the right direction is greatly appreciated!

Poncho_Bob
07-11-2011, 02:32 PM
In addition to the cut out problem, it finally displayed a code fot the cam sensor. Does anyone know where that might be on this engine? The OTC repair manuals don't address the my engine in any detail.

Add your comment to this topic!