supercharger with nitrous???

Coolstr85
05-29-2003, 09:45 PM
ok heres my question. if u have a supercharger on your car, can u also add nitrous? and if u can, does it have to be a wet kit or will a dry kit work as well? i know u can add a wet kit to a turbo, but i havnt heard anything about adding nitrous to a supercharger, can it be done? this may be a stupid question but atleast now ill know..thanks guys

maxspeedhonda
05-29-2003, 09:50 PM
you can add n2o to any sc/turbo setup, although its not recommended. You just need to fine tune the timing and have PLENTY of fuel. Better off sticking with one of the other. The best bet is to start with a base turbo system (5-6psi), then build the motor and fuel system up and boost the shit out of it.

Sluttypatton
05-30-2003, 02:16 AM
You can combine pretty much any mods you can think of, but as maxspeed said, its better to just stick with lots of boost.

Coolstr85
05-30-2003, 06:03 AM
but could i actually hook a dry nitrous kit up with the use of the S/C? i wouldnt ever really use the nitrous, maybe once or twice. my car is a show car, its on a full air ride kit, i just want the nitrous for the purge kit so i can let it spray out of the hood. :D

maxspeedhonda
05-31-2003, 10:39 AM
Well if thats what you really want it for, it would be cheaper to just fill with co2 and purge that. But to answer your question, yes you could hook up a dry kit to a sc. But why go around purging n20? To intimadate other driver? Why not build you car and jack up the boost on the sc and just kick their ass. Thats much more impressive than purging as you are getting pulled on...

Neutrino
05-31-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by maxspeedhonda
Well if thats what you really want it for, it would be cheaper to just fill with co2 and purge that. But to answer your question, yes you could hook up a dry kit to a sc. But why go around purging n20? To intimadate other driver? Why not build you car and jack up the boost on the sc and just kick their ass. Thats much more impressive than purging as you are getting pulled on...

he said his car is a show car....if that is what he wants......you cannot have a show car that you race too...it wouyld get beat up to much......its one or the other

PWMAN
05-31-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Neutrino

he said his car is a show car....if that is what he wants......you cannot have a show car that you race too...it wouyld get beat up to much......its one or the other

i agree

Coolstr85
05-31-2003, 11:58 PM
yea, u gotta remember my car is a show car, its on full air ride so its not allowed at the track, not to mention the shaved door handles wich arent allowed either. im not trying to intimidate other drivers with it, i just liek to see my friends faces light up and all the people at the local movie theatres faces and hear all the little ricer boys say "hes got nawz!" basically its just for fun liek the air ride is. switches for biznitches u know. but thankyou for all your comments, they have been very informative! i appreciate ur time!

Self
06-01-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Sluttypatton
You can combine pretty much any mods you can think of, but as maxspeed said, its better to just stick with lots of boost.

Just curious...Why is it better to just stick with lots of boost instead of going with nitrous? Also, Coolstr85,you cold use a dry kit with a supercharger, but I'd say go with a wet for added safety. The consequences of a failed dry system are a bit more severe than with a wet, and since you already have a supercharger the damage may be compounded by that.

Sluttypatton
06-01-2003, 03:03 PM
I say this because there is little point in buying a nitrous kit when you can simply buy a different pulley for the supercharger and make more boost. If you buy nitrous, you have to constantly refill the tank. I just don't see the point of spending money on nitrous when you can just up the boost of the supercharger.

Self
06-01-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Sluttypatton
I say this because there is little point in buying a nitrous kit when you can simply buy a different pulley for the supercharger and make more boost. If you buy nitrous, you have to constantly refill the tank. I just don't see the point of spending money on nitrous when you can just up the boost of the supercharger.

Ahh ok, I see what you mean and agree. I thought you meant if you have neither a supercharger/turbo or nitrous, that the SC would ALWAYS be the better choice. Gotcha:)

Sluttypatton
06-02-2003, 12:10 AM
Oh, no I happen to be a big fan of nitrous...I just REALLY like boost.

killah_xft
06-02-2003, 02:24 AM
doing the supercharger would make better improvements on the engine, and pickup, the nos would just improve it even further, but you would have to tune that car almost weekly running it like that.... I say just stick with the SC.

whtteg
06-07-2003, 09:40 AM
If you have never experienced nitrous under boost then you have been missing out, a friend here has a wrx with a 75 shot wet and OMG!! it pulls soooooo hard with the nitrous that thing will just about snap your neck taking off from a dead stop it has absolutely no turbo lag.Ahhh I wish I had a turbo hehe.

90gs
06-07-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by killah_xft
doing the supercharger would make better improvements on the engine, and pickup, the nos would just improve it even further, but you would have to tune that car almost weekly running it like that.... I say just stick with the SC.

he said he wasnt going to be spraying so it wouldnt matter

Add your comment to this topic!