Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Leaky air bladders?

williz57
07-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Has anyone here added "in spring" air bags instead of replacing air leveling shocks due to bladder air leak? The caddy guys in other forums aren't much help & I know the Riv's & Aurora's are very similar to my Eldorado/Seville/Deville that share close to the same chassis platforms but have differences.

I can't see the logic in tossing out a working variable valve electronic shock because the air bladder leaks. These RSS shocks are $600 ea for the part. It actually hurts thinking about spending that amount.

I am aware of passive struts out there but they handicap the fancy road sensing suspension that is working well except for a saggy rear.

Has anyone here considered this sort of thing?

It could be tied into the current leveling compressor system that is working well but I unplugged it.
I could then just leave the shocks in place with this.

These bags work in an operating range of 5 to 35 psi and the OEM systems operate normally at aprox. 15psi
Seems like a cheap solution in my case. It would be nice to find someone who actually did this and had pro's & con's

Instruction & applications here
http://www.jegs.com/i/Air-Lift/022/60798/10002/-1?parentProductId=743887

I posted in the Riviera forum but I was the first activity in 40 days. & the Gran Prix forum I was alerted to the suspension differences not being compatible.,

Add your comment to this topic!