Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Mufflers

BlackLabel6542
05-29-2003, 08:49 PM
im gonna drop my whole exaust system and i want to replace it with straight pipes
i was gonna go with 3'' pipes, no cats, and some sort of mufflers (still undecided) but the guy at the muffler shop said that it would be too loud and i would be getting tickets all the time
is this true
and what suggestions do you guys have for mufflers
any info will help
thanks

dayna240sx
05-29-2003, 09:28 PM
supertraps sound awesome on rx-7s

rxtacy
05-30-2003, 12:10 AM
you're best bet is to get a racing beat dual tip or some other cat-back with a silencer, and then get a resonated midpipe. that would be the quietest setup you can get with no cat.

TurboFC3s
05-30-2003, 04:18 AM
i have an 88 GTu amongst my collection rite now, the exhaust on it is the racing beat road race headers into dual 2inch straight pipes then in to some straight through mufflers my buddy picked up for me when he was stationed in japan, i cant spell the name it's in japanese. It is freekin loud the cool part is it sound like stereo since the road race headers let each rotors exhaust port vent into its own piping then muffler. from experience my best advice would be to with the racing beat full exhaust for your specific model RX7.
3 inch is to big unless your going with single exhuast rather than dual as the stock is.
check out the systems on WWW.RACINGBEAT.COM
the nice thing about racing beat is all the systems they have are dyno tested, and very acurate.
i got the turbo 2 complete exhaust for my 87 and they stated a 59 horsepower gain on a stock setup, i got a solid 64 horses when i dynoed and i didnt even change from my stock intake yet.

BlackLabel6542
06-16-2003, 07:25 PM
well i got my new exaust system
2.25 inch downpipe leading to 2 inch straits out the back with no cats or mufflers
and when i get on it hard it sometimes shoots blue flames!
but yeah ive decided to go with the mufflers that they have at www.mazdatrix.com the ones for an 88 N/A RX-7. thanks for then input though

Add your comment to this topic!