2000 windstar tranny

type0
07-07-2011, 05:20 AM
hi i have a 2000 ford windstar lx just repair the Transmission i nide help i am betwee mobil 1 atf Fluid or amsoil atf nide help please ?

type0
07-07-2011, 09:11 PM
:frown::frown::frown:hi i have a 2000 ford windstar lx just repair the Transmission i nide help i am betwee mobil 1 atf Fluid or amsoil atf nide help please ?

phil-l
07-08-2011, 09:04 AM
I've used Mobil 1 synthetic ATF in my '00 Windstar transmission, and have been pleased with it. At 135K+ miles, my transmission has required no service, outside of frequent fluid/filter changes. I'm a big believer in changing the transmission fluid more frequently than the schedule calls for (note that I also tow trailers with my Windstar, so I'm extra careful about transmission service).

At one time - some years ago - you had to specifically look for Mobil 1 in the correct Mercon V formulation. I believe all Mobil 1 ATF now covers the Mercon V specification, as well as a host of others. Of course, as always: Read your owner's manual and the fluid's label to verify it's really compatible with your transmission.

wiswind
07-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Either one should be fine.
I use Redline D4.....but used Mobil 1 before that and was VERY happy with it.
If you choose Amsoil....check www.amsoil.com enter your vehicle information in and it will list the correct products in their lineup for your particular vehicle.
I HIGHLY prefer a synthetic ATF.....but, as mentioned, make SURE that it lists on the bottle that it is for the Mercon V application.

I would NOT go extended drain interval with ANY ATF.......the minimum drain interval is at least every 30K miles........21K miles for "severe service".

Add your comment to this topic!