Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ac blower motor

msvregan
07-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Whats up guys. My blower motor recently quit working so i pulled the fan motor out and connected to battery and it works fine. I was wondering if it is a bad datc controller or possibly something else. Thanks for any help you guys could give me.2000 lincoln ls v8

shorod
07-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Have you checked for voltage to the blower motor wiring connector? Check with a test light across both terminals as well as from the Red/Black wire to a known good ground. Assuming you do not have voltage across both terminals, I'd suggest you next check the blower motor relay which is located in the Auxilliary Junction Box under the hood. The switched side of the relay is powered by fuse F116 (30A) in the same fuse box.

If the fuse is good, the relay is good, and the relay is getting a command from the DATC module to turn on, then the circuit should be completed through the blower motor and the Heater Blower Control Module. If you do not have power across both terminals but do from the Red/Black wire to a known good ground, then the problem is likely the Heater Blower Motor Controller.

-Rod

joegr
07-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Whats up guys. My blower motor recently quit working so i pulled the fan motor out and connected to battery and it works fine. I was wondering if it is a bad datc controller or possibly something else. Thanks for any help you guys could give me.2000 lincoln ls v8

It is most likely the blower speed controller. It's mounted in the airflow near the blower. It could be the DATC, but usually it is the speed control.

Add your comment to this topic!