Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

05 No Start After Getting Wet p0230 plz help

darwincrowley
07-01-2011, 09:32 AM
my truck is an 05 chevy colorado 5cyl. auto trans with 82000 miles
the issue is everytime the truck gets wet wether it be rain or wash it will crank but not start it will throw code p0230 "fuel pump relay control circuit" and after letting the truck sit for a few hours it will start i have replaced the pump relay and fuse to no effect ....this only happens after the truck gets wet operation is normal in dry weather
..yesterday while driving it started to rain and it died like almost like it ran out of fuel ..rpms started dropping and no engine response from the throttle

danielsatur
07-01-2011, 09:45 AM
1) Use a garden hose with a little water pressure and set it in the middle of the windshield.
2) Lift the hood, and watch the water roll.

The fuel pump control circuit is probably being shorted out by water.

GMCustomerService
07-01-2011, 03:44 PM
darwincrowley,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Were you planning on having the vehicle diagnosed? Please keep me posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
Caron, GM Customer Service

my truck is an 05 chevy colorado 5cyl. auto trans with 82000 miles
the issue is everytime the truck gets wet wether it be rain or wash it will crank but not start it will throw code p0230 "fuel pump relay control circuit" and after letting the truck sit for a few hours it will start i have replaced the pump relay and fuse to no effect ....this only happens after the truck gets wet operation is normal in dry weather
..yesterday while driving it started to rain and it died like almost like it ran out of fuel ..rpms started dropping and no engine response from the throttle

danielsatur
07-02-2011, 03:47 PM
When you pinpoint the problem clean the electrical connections with CRC electrical cleaner, and use dielelectric grease for protection.

rwalkerjrtlh
12-27-2011, 09:26 AM
Have the same problem with '05 5 cyl. Chev colorado...had a heavy rain early this am, didnt start for a couple of hours. now starts fine. Checked fuel pump relay in fuse block, seems very dry, as does entire underhood area. What else could be getting wet when the vehicle is just sitting in the driveway? Hesitant to wet the area for fear of starting other problems. Any advice would be appreciated.

GMCustomerService
12-28-2011, 07:48 AM
Have the same problem with '05 5 cyl. Chev colorado...had a heavy rain early this am, didnt start for a couple of hours. now starts fine. Checked fuel pump relay in fuse block, seems very dry, as does entire underhood area. What else could be getting wet when the vehicle is just sitting in the driveway? Hesitant to wet the area for fear of starting other problems. Any advice would be appreciated.
I understand it is not always a viable option, but if you were to decide on visiting a dealership, please let me know through a private message and I would be happy to work with you and your dealer towards getting this noise diagnosed. In your message, please include the name of your dealership, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and your appointment information.

Regards,
Sarah
GM Customer Service

Add your comment to this topic!