Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

flooding

jg65483
06-28-2011, 11:36 PM
my 94 rannger 4.0l just flooded spewed gas and oil all over. will not start over almost got fire. just asking any ideas why and how?

mcmalloy
06-29-2011, 06:17 PM
Fuel pump should only stay on for a few seconds when you turn the key on the first time . if it stays running then you ether have a short or the relay is stuck.try to disconnect the relay and start it,

Earlyboomer
07-01-2011, 09:01 AM
I had this problem myself. It was a pinhole in the diaphrm of the fuel pressure regulator. (The pinhole was miniscule, I ground off the crimped rim of the regulator to do a post mortem after installing the new regulator.) Take the vacuum line off of the regulator, the other end of this line is connected to the intake manifold, and if there is any smell of gasoline in this line, the regulator is bad. The regulator has a micro-ground flat pressure type valve inside on the fuel rail side, operated by the diaphram, and a hefty spring is on the other side of the diaphram to modulate the fuel pressure, using the vacuum of the engine. With a rupture of any size in the diaphram, that little vacuum line will pour a surprising amount of fuel into the intake. I had gasoline all over the garage floor in no time at all while trying to figure out what was going on. It was dangerous and I jumped to get the water hose and hose it down. This is nothing to mess with, hope this helps.

jg65483
07-01-2011, 01:38 PM
I had this problem myself. It was a pinhole in the diaphrm of the fuel pressure regulator. (The pinhole was miniscule, I ground off the crimped rim of the regulator to do a post mortem after installing the new regulator.) Take the vacuum line off of the regulator, the other end of this line is connected to the intake manifold, and if there is any smell of gasoline in this line, the regulator is bad. The regulator has a micro-ground flat pressure type valve inside on the fuel rail side, operated by the diaphram, and a hefty spring is on the other side of the diaphram to modulate the fuel pressure, using the vacuum of the engine. With a rupture of any size in the diaphram, that little vacuum line will pour a surprising amount of fuel into the intake. I had gasoline all over the garage floor in no time at all while trying to figure out what was going on. It was dangerous and I jumped to get the water hose and hose it down. This is nothing to mess with, hope this helps.

It worked thanks alot.

Add your comment to this topic!