4L60E valve body filters location

trox
06-28-2011, 07:21 AM
I have 4 small filters in the rebuild kit for this trans. I have 2 little square ones that attach to the seperator plate and I believe extend into the valave body. The paperwork with the kit showed their position but not which way in or ot they go. Can't check the old plate cuz it was thrown away. (very stupid but gone now). The other 2 are not so obvious. One is a 2 inch long finger screen about 1/4 inch diameter. The other is a 'T' shape that's about 2.5 inches long. Where do these guys go? The rest of the overhaul is done with new clutches and teflon seals. I just need to figure out where these 2 screens go. Any web sites with a good picture to work from? The rebuild kit papers said nothing about these 2 filters.

MT-2500
06-29-2011, 06:36 AM
I have 4 small filters in the rebuild kit for this trans. I have 2 little square ones that attach to the seperator plate and I believe extend into the valave body. The paperwork with the kit showed their position but not which way in or ot they go. Can't check the old plate cuz it was thrown away. (very stupid but gone now). The other 2 are not so obvious. One is a 2 inch long finger screen about 1/4 inch diameter. The other is a 'T' shape that's about 2.5 inches long. Where do these guys go? The rest of the overhaul is done with new clutches and teflon seals. I just need to figure out where these 2 screens go. Any web sites with a good picture to work from? The rebuild kit papers said nothing about these 2 filters.

One filter goes in case for a TCC filter and some time another filter depending on year.
Always watch for filters location when tearing down.
Filters on spacer plate only fit one way.
The kit may have a extra or one not needed for your transmission.
Transmission parts places sell transmission hand books that show all of that.
If you have a nice helpfull GM dealer get them to print out a picture of them.

Add your comment to this topic!