2003 Trailblazer EXT

tirwin88
06-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Well I had a friend of mine over today putting on new rotors and brake pads. He noticed some leaking going on and determined that is was the transmission cooler line. Started the car and drove it a bit to get it hot...checked the fluid and it is showing in the Cold area on the stick. I plan on getting this fixed but unforunately we are leaving on a 350 mile trip one way tomorrow and we are taking the Trailblazer. I will be adding a bit of fluid of course. My friend seems to think we will be ok as this looks like it has been a small leak for quite some time.

First, should I feel confident that we should be ok with running the car on this trip.

Second...what is the cost of replacing the cooling line to the trans about?

maxwedge
06-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Cost varies by location and shop, about a 1 hour job, keep in mind if it lets go you can fry the trans.

tirwin88
06-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Thanks Max. I am going to take it to a shop tomorrow to have it looked at. So if we are looking at 1 hour of labor...any idea what the cost is for the part itself?

maxwedge
06-29-2011, 11:34 AM
They may be able to make up a line using the original metal ends or about 50.00 for a new one.

Add your comment to this topic!