Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My model is driving me crazy - got detail?

Bookshelf
05-29-2003, 05:29 PM
I am just going nuts. I am building my Civic right now, and as everybody else I am trying to make it look as real as possible, but there are so many things. For example: if you make racing harnesses for the front seats you need to make a pair of seat belts for the back too, otherwisw it will not be real. And it is like that with a bunch of stuff... it is impossible to get all of them, but if you miss some the model will not be as real as could be. Plus you need to do the same stuff for each model you make or else, again, it will not be real... Do you guys see what I mean?

I think I am gonna take a break and make some military stuff.

Thor302
05-29-2003, 07:36 PM
well you could just say if this was a real car i wanted to save weight and cut the rear seat belts out :D

daggerlee
05-29-2003, 07:38 PM
Sometimes I just build out of the box straight, sometimes I like to superdetail kits. My opinion is, I put in as much effort as the company did. So I won't try polishing a turd, like a Fujimi kit, but I would go the extra mile with a detailed Tamiya kit. :)

hirofkd
05-29-2003, 08:31 PM
I don' t know what you mean by not real. People customize their real cars, and each car can be different. Sure, if you are going to enter your model in a costest, and if you choose factory stock, you have many things to do, but in custom, anything is possible. You can omit the rear seat and passenger seat, and you can still call it realistic.

As long as you don't make a mistake like connecting the spark plug wire to the side of a DOHC v6 engine, you'll be fine.

Murray Kish
05-30-2003, 12:09 AM
Bookshelf,

Don't worry about making it absolutely perfect. Just build it in whatever way it will be fun for you. I have two cars on my 'finished' shelf that I did some 'detailing' in one area, but not another. Most people don't even realize it, and I'm the only one who really knows it.

Whenever I get a little dragged down, I just skip the area I'm working on and move on. I can always add the detail later if it bugs me that much. But, this way I keep building and having fun.

FYI, the 250 GTO I posted the other day doesn't have seatbelts in it. I really should add them, but I just ran out of steam. Decided to finish the kit as it was. Someday I'll go back and add the belts. For now, it's on the 'finished' shelf and I'm on to something else... (actually it's an airplane, but I won't say that too loudly here....)

Murray

Bookshelf
05-30-2003, 05:58 PM
Yeah, you guys are right about building for just for fun...

Add your comment to this topic!