Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Regal big problem!

21sprint
06-21-2011, 11:33 PM
Check engine lite is on, the trac lite is on and anti lock lite is on. I checked codes and check engine was for thermostat but it was reading fine..erased that, the trac lite and anti-lock was for rear right speedsensor and said extensive wheel spin. I erased them after reading all wheel speed sensors was correct. When I erased them car was fine then I went to move car and all lites was back on. I drove it to partstore and when I came out they was off, drove it for about a mile, shut it off and the same lits came on. I tried a different battery and same problem. It has me puzzled, Thanks

mn_1
06-22-2011, 06:30 AM
On mine it was the front hubs..................

GTP Dad
06-22-2011, 09:49 AM
This is clearly a wheel sensor issue. If one of the sensors is bad then the lights for the ABS and Trac Off will illuminate. Unfortunately, the sensors are an integral part of the wheel bearing assembly and the entire assembly will need to be changed to correct the problem.

john_regal603
06-23-2011, 01:55 PM
hi. i just signed up and your problem is sort of like mine... but i found one about gremlins that is more spot on. would it help to clean the ignition switch? it is a bit scarry that all those sensors are all over the car. my low coolant light is on ALMOST all the time and I pay no attention to it. Ted - the mechanic said the switch is deep in the radiator and it is not worth fixing. The low tire light is great.

Add your comment to this topic!