Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

AC wiring problems

justin.reiger
06-21-2011, 01:07 PM
So the owner i bought the car from did a number of cheap rigs to get out of spending money to fix my car correctly. First off he ran a bypass to the radiator fan that manually has to be turned on each time the car is started or else it will of course overheat. Second, he ran ANOTHER bypass from the AC blower to a little flip switch that gives it power??? Well i connected the bypass, put a fuse in the fuse holder and grounded the wire correctly to the negative port of the battery and it will not kick on the blower still. He claims that he did all of that because the AC smelled bad when he would turn it on...?? my only guess is that its a bad heater cord or something.

Can anyone give me advice on how i can rewire the blower? There are two wires he cut and spliced to a bypass and a ground. a blue one and a black one with a stripe.

91STT
06-22-2011, 10:09 AM
First off, what year is your vehicle and do you have the manual A/C controls or the automatic?

toddrs93
06-27-2011, 12:34 AM
So the owner i bought the car from did a number of cheap rigs to get out of spending money to fix my car correctly. First off he ran a bypass to the radiator fan that manually has to be turned on each time the car is started or else it will of course overheat. Second, he ran ANOTHER bypass from the AC blower to a little flip switch that gives it power??? Well i connected the bypass, put a fuse in the fuse holder and grounded the wire correctly to the negative port of the battery and it will not kick on the blower still. He claims that he did all of that because the AC smelled bad when he would turn it on...?? my only guess is that its a bad heater cord or something.

Can anyone give me advice on how i can rewire the blower? There are two wires he cut and spliced to a bypass and a ground. a blue one and a black one with a stripe.

Most of the time its easy to hotwire the fans to run when the car is on constant, it does not hurt anything, its good so you know instantly they are working, I would just run the constant power on the switch to a 12v ignition source so they do this. As for the blower I would try to reconnect the wires to the way they were factory if you can, and check the 30amp blower fuse in the fuse block, then the black relay in the interior fuse block just above all the fuses.

Add your comment to this topic!