Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

horn sounds funny

Cengel
06-20-2011, 05:05 PM
My 2007 Saturn Vue's horn sounds funny all of the sudden...It first happened when I set the lock/alarm (double click the lock button; the horn honks)...It subsequently happened after I turned the engine on and pressed the horn on the steering wheel...note: I just had the transmission recall taken care of, which included some sort of 'reprogramming' of a computer issue (not sure that's related, but these are the facts).

AutomediaJoe
06-20-2011, 06:03 PM
its could have to do with the reprogramming or if them bumped/ damaged the horn mechanism. Basically the horn is very simple speaker and depending on the new settings that were installed could have affected the signal that is sent to the horn. unlikely but possible. Id chock it up to damaged parts as the most likely culprit.

GMCustomerService
06-24-2011, 08:32 AM
I would recommend contacting your local dealership for more assistance. I can also look into this issue further. In order to do so, I will need some more specific information from you. If you could please send me your full name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, and current mileage, I will be able to take further steps. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

sammydose
09-01-2011, 07:35 AM
My experience with GM is that they will not do anything to fix the VTi transmission problems. And in most of cases, the horn speaks very simple and based on the new values ​​are installed may have affected the signal sent to the speaker.

Add your comment to this topic!