Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Levin Toyota Corolla coupe 1600 DOHC-EFI model Info

Lydon
06-18-2011, 02:16 PM
Hi,

I was going through some old boxes and stumbled on an old car model, still unassembled and in the box. Can anyone give me an idea as to rarety, and possible value.

Manufacture: Fujimi

Model : Levin Toyota Corolla Coupe 1600 DOCH-EFI 1/24 scale super mechanic 10 series no.38- say it can be motorized, and comes with a small drive axle
Most of the box is in Japanease..I'm a bit of a Toyota fan, so my guess is the car is from 1968-1975, not sure when Toyota firt offered EFI to the japanease car market.

An info would be great

Porsnatic
06-19-2011, 12:32 AM
Could you show a picture of it?

hirofkd
06-19-2011, 12:47 AM
You mean the first generation Levin (TE27) from 1972 to 1974? If so, the kit has been reissued as static models in various forms, like Inch-up Disk, Thoge, Nostalgic Racer etc. I found most of them at various Japanese online stores, so I don't consider the TE27 as rare, but the Super Mechanic one is. The question is how many people want the motorized toy, and for how much. Among scale modelers in general, the value of a motorized toy only goes up when there are no other alternatives, and I'd pay zero because I'd rather by one of those static versions, instead. That said, others (especially collectors) might pay a decent amount for the unique box and content.
Apparently, the "10" means it's got ten features.

Lydon
06-19-2011, 01:17 AM
Not the best Picture's (I-phone)..front of the box gives (option's) for build, including front head lights, motor, indicator rear lights, directions for battery placement for best balance..Other than the Model description, all other text on the box, and assembly directions are in japanese.

hirofkd
06-19-2011, 03:19 AM
That's TE71 from 1979 to 1983, the third generation Levin, and the predecessor to the AE86.
I don't see it very often, and don't remember whether it was reissued in the last decade, so I think it's fair to say rare and hard to find, but I have no idea what the current value is. Maybe list it on eBay with an unrealistically high reserve to measure the demand?

Lydon
06-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Hi, and thanks for the information..I also found these 4 other model kits from Airfix, and Monogram look to be around the same age

MGB - Complete/ unassembled in box - 1/32 scale

Austin Healey Sprite MK I- Still with the original plastic wrap/ un-opened- 1/32 scale

Triumph TR4A- Complete/ unassembled in box-1/32 scale

The last is a aircraft model by Monogram " Wildcat F4F - 1/48 scale.- Still in original wrap/ un-opened

My apologies for so many inquiries, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pictures attached

Add your comment to this topic!