Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Battery?

robertb
06-14-2011, 07:51 AM
I have a 2005 trailblazer-6 years old with the original battery. Everything seems to be working fine electrically. The voltmeter it the dash reads 12v with the key turned on and alittle over 14v with the engine running. Will voltage gradually decrease or will I get in the truck one day and not be able to start it. It has 90000 miles on it, I never driven a vehicle this long before so I never had to worry about this. Thanks in advance for any input.

Scrapper
06-14-2011, 08:36 AM
I have a 2005 trailblazer-6 years old with the original battery. Everything seems to be working fine electrically. The voltmeter it the dash reads 12v with the key turned on and alittle over 14v with the engine running. Will voltage gradually decrease or will I get in the truck one day and not be able to start it. It has 90000 miles on it, I never driven a vehicle this long before so I never had to worry about this. Thanks in advance for any input.

after 6 years i think i;d put new battery in and i pefure duralast you can get them at autozone but advaced don't sell them i had one in my 91 s-10 and it was in there when i bought it and just sold my s-10 after 8 years of owning it.

Scrapper
06-14-2011, 08:45 AM

i would replace it with a duralast from autozone they don't sell them at advanced i had one in my s-10 for about 8 years and it was still going when i just sold it.

robertb
06-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Hi scrapper. thanks alot for your reply. So I should still get a new battery even though the voltmeter says it is spitting out the voltage? Sounds like it could die fast just like that. thanks again

tarunroy123
06-14-2011, 03:17 PM
it's a nice site. my battery is almost down. please tell me what i will do.
staten island nissan accessoriesa (http://www.hudsonnissan.com)

Valery Shal
06-14-2011, 03:46 PM
6 years old ... i think your should try and change its battery ..

Add your comment to this topic!