Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

surging

bigd7315
06-12-2011, 12:49 PM
got a 93 grande cherokee 5.2 full time 4x4 looking to do a few things but first off the truck will surge like a mis on a cylinder once it gets hot I have done a complete tune up with wires cap rotor button and plugs seafoamed itand changed the oil had to put a tranny seal in her and brakes also replaced the info module and bypassed the alarm with the key switch wiring in door thinking this is a coil once she gets hot starts to brake down but I have dumped alot on money in her with her having 204k but she runs good just a little puff of smoke on start ups also just did radiator t stat fan clutch and a larger tranny cooler any ideas on the surge and am I right on my houghts already and if so has anyone installed those msd blaster coils and had good luck with them

davida6302
06-12-2011, 11:47 PM
Still have stock coil here, but... have you read the codes? Even if the check engine isn't on. Start there, see what it says. Then clear the codes and re-start and let run and re-check codes. Try that see what you get...

bigd7315
06-13-2011, 08:50 PM
I have rEAD THE CODES ONLY GET CODE 55 bought a coil today will get it on tommorrow and see if that fixes it I will post any progress

fredjacksonsan
06-15-2011, 08:13 PM
I'd check the air filter and clean the throttle body (and sensors there).

bigd7315
06-16-2011, 09:46 PM
okay coil did not fix anything thottle body is cleaned and which sensors it has alot of them and I don't have enough money to replace them all some added info idling when temp gets close to 225 with ac on it will start missing or misfiring and will pop through exuast from time to time and when it cools down it does do it at idle and still does it going down the road at 1/2 throttle or more

bigd7315
06-24-2011, 08:45 PM
replaced fuel pump and regulator no change well it does take longer to do it now but I also cleaned the condensor and radiator and replace the fan clutch again going to parts yard tommorrow to get a tps and a cooling fan and the overhead console quits working after a while so I am getting one of those too plan to get a whole throttle body and why is the one on my jeep made by holley is this aftermarket or factory

bigd7315
06-26-2011, 08:50 AM
okay changed the tps sensor no change but with the lights out I noticed I can see the wires glowing a little from time to time on the passenger side only and I am talking the plug wires this is a new set of wire and it did do this before replacing them too why is it only on the passenger side and is this my misfire problem or do any of you also notice this

bigd7315
06-26-2011, 08:54 AM
has a new airfilter too by the way just did a complete tuneup and seafoam cleaned throttle body replaced tps fuel regulator fuel pump has 38psi with vaccum hooked up and 47 unhooked the coil pickup looked new has new cap and rotor new wires new plugs new brakes not that that has anything to do with this and a seal in rear of tranny I would like someone to help me with this I am unsure of what else to change and I am a single income family can not afford to replace everything until I fix it and would like to be able to drive it without worring about it breaking down

Add your comment to this topic!