Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Air Ride compressor interchangeable?

QCubed
06-10-2011, 10:49 PM
I am wondering if the compressor for the air suspension is interchangeable with the one for air ride in the back of our 98 Windstar Limited. Ours needs to be replaced, and I am told that Ford no longer manufactures this part. Does anyone know whether the same compressor was also used in another Ford model? I find it hard to believe that Ford would have designed and used the compressor in just the Windstar Limited, as very few of these were sold. Ford probably used the same compressor in another model also. I would be especially grateful if you have diagrams or photos showing the comparable compressor in another model Ford.

Alternatively, perhaps someone might be able to suggest a good quality after market manufacturer for the compressor.

Thanks to all who are able to help!

QCubed
10-08-2011, 03:46 PM
As an update for future readers of this thread, even after much research, I did not find any other compressor I could interchange with, without modification. And after fixing the compressor, it was only a matter of time before the airbags, lines, or solenoids for the air ride system failed. So to avoid future problems, we have converted to a coil spring suspension.

Add your comment to this topic!