Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Throttle & Ignition Issues-92 PA Ultra

gottabike
06-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Ok, so i've had this problem lately starting the and its driving me a bit batty. I go to turn the key and get a dead car! All my lights and everything turns on fine but no crank. I had a bad starter, replaced it with a Delco one instead of the cheap crap from Autozone like I had done prior. My ignition control module has been replaced again also with a Delco part too. I am not sure what it could be. The chilton manual says could be one of the coil packs possibly? I have the type 2 individual packs and replaced one with a cheap one from autozone some years ago. It mentions a winding circuit that must be made in order for the starter to crank. I am considering this could possibly be the problem and just going to get a type 1 instead. OH and I know its not the VATS! I bypassed that crap sometime ago.

Thoughts or comments?

Then today my sister said the throttle stuck open on her while driving home the car just ran at a higher throttle and she had to ride the brakes home. She restarted the car after a bit and its still doing it. I am wonder what this could be. The logical part in me says something in the throttle connector is sticking and might just need to be cleaned/lubed down with some WD40? The other part of me says what if its the throttle body sensor? or perhaps the ECU on this stone aged dinosaur is dieing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I know I posted here some time ago. Lost this most useful and helpful site but have found it again.

Thanks,

Don

maxwedge
06-10-2011, 08:20 PM
No start means no crank or cranks and won't fire?, the high idle can be the throttle body itself, the cable or the iac is bad, a full scan may help find this issue if external issues are not obvious. If no crank the coil paks have nothing to do with it, if it will not crank check for 12v at the solenoid when attempting to crank, work back from there thru the prndl switch.

gottabike
06-10-2011, 11:14 PM
its just dead no turning or firing on the starter at all. no clicking or whirring like its the starter. its like the signal is not reaching the starter. Seems like it could be the ignition possibly but i'm hoping not because that i can't replace myself.

You turn the key, all the electronics fire but nothing from the starter at all. I don't think its related to the actual starter itself.

maxwedge
06-11-2011, 01:51 PM
You need to get to the solenoid wire and check for 12v when cranking, step one in the diagnosis.

Jrs3800
06-18-2011, 01:35 PM
How does the positive cable at the battery look?

Add your comment to this topic!