Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'02 camaro v6 vs. '03 mustang v6

Pages : [1] 2 3

stangvette1
05-29-2003, 08:30 AM
Which is the better car: the camaro or the mustang? I like the mustang, but I am a ford guy.

Pick
05-29-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by stangvette1
Which is the better car: the camaro or the mustang? I like the mustang, but I am a ford guy.

How about...both suck. Buying a V-6 in either of these cars is cheating your ego. I wouldn't get caught dead driving either, but I would take the Camaro's looks over the Stang.

dapriceiswrongb
05-29-2003, 12:40 PM
WELL SAID
How about...both suck. Buying a V-6 in either of these cars is cheating your ego. I wouldn't get caught dead driving either, but I would take the Camaro's looks over the Stang.

Paonessa
05-29-2003, 12:43 PM
me and Picks VQ's will eat them both. the only american v6 i like is out of the buick regal with the grand national package. they haven't made them for over 15 years.

Pick
05-29-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Paonessa
me and Picks VQ's will eat them both.

Exactly.;)

Jimster
05-29-2003, 04:53 PM
Neither the Mustang V6 is a rental fleet managers favourite and the Camaro has one of the worst V6's ever. Niether car has anything going for it

ChaosStarter
05-30-2003, 09:16 AM
The v6 is the camaro is the same standard 3800 series engine that the GP GT, Regal, Bonne, Impala, and MC have. 200hp/225ish tq.

What I would do if I were you, is buy the camaro/firebird, find a rear-wrecked GTP, and swap the engine in. then you have a very moddable engine, and rwd, and no one would suspect that engine in there. :D

Strider Negro
05-30-2003, 09:20 AM
i agree with everyone else i wouldn't be caught dead in a v6 mustang or camaro, i respect the v8 versions of it(although the only mustang i really respect is the bullitt and the cobra, not to mention the saleen...) but that's about it...

Paonessa
05-30-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by ChaosStarter
The v6 is the camaro is the same standard 3800 series engine that the GP GT, Regal, Bonne, Impala, and MC have. 200hp/225ish tq.

What I would do if I were you, is buy the camaro/firebird, find a rear-wrecked GTP, and swap the engine in. then you have a very moddable engine, and rwd, and no one would suspect that engine in there. :D
then you'd have a decent engine in a big ass heavy car and all your hard work would be for nil.

and strider i agree fords v8 mustangs are respectable especially '99 and later but i think saleens go above and beyond what Ford alone can do. i barely even consider them mustangs, they're way nicer

camarogod
06-19-2003, 08:57 PM
first u cant put a front wheel drive engine in a rear whell drive car and expect it to still be rwd.
second i garentee my 200 v-6 camaro stock would whoop ur nissan
ive whooped plenty and get your hp ratios right my v-6 wrhp on a dyno was 230
third why would u use a four door car for speed you want to know speed drive a 9 sec car lingfelter corvette which is american made. 0-60mph 2 sec.
fourth a 3.4 liter camaro could beat a mustang gt's little hooves off.

blackstang2001
06-19-2003, 10:28 PM
the 3800 camaro can even beat the 3.8l mustang, how would it beat the v8 version? no camaro is faster than a mustang, the v6 mustang beats the v6 camaro, the mustang cobra 2003 whoops on the z28 and the ss......sorry to tell you that.

PWMAN
06-20-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Strider Negro
i agree with everyone else i wouldn't be caught dead in a v6 mustang or camaro, i respect the v8 versions of it(although the only mustang i really respect is the bullitt and the cobra, not to mention the saleen...) but that's about it...

Do you like the new Mach I? I love the mach, if you have ever test drove or heard one it's love at first site. GT's blow, it's the worst car for the money ever. I can't believe people still buy GT's when the mach is only 4K more, and look what you get! WAY BETTER. Since it has the old Cobra engine making 305 HP it's no slouch in speed either. I watched I guy leave a parking lot and he just gave like half throttle and spun the thing sideways burning rubber for like 100 feet. And he wasn't even REALLY trying. Now thats sweet, and the stock exhaust is sweet too. The GT's exhaust you can't even hear, the mach's hurts your ears! And it sounds much cleaner than the GT too probably cuz of the 4 valves per cylinder and 4 BBL TB.

Jimster
06-20-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by camarogod

second i garentee my 200 v-6 camaro stock would whoop ur nissan

No you wouldn't. The VQ35 Maxima would eat your ancient little beater- it even gives the Z28 an allright run for it's money- let's not forget just how much greater a V6 the VQ is compared to the Camaro's one.

Pull your head out of your ass- the rental company wants back thier Catagory H Sports Car- get a V8, a VQ or a Vesectomy- either is allright with me.

jon@af
06-20-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by camarogod
a 3.4 liter camaro could beat a mustang gt's little hooves off.

Please slap yourself in the face, as I cannot go through the computer and do it myself:slap:

You actually think that the 3.4 or 3.8 litre V6 stock, can beat the 4.6litre V8 mustang GT stock? Ive got a 3800 series engine in my car and Im not exactly that naive. I know exactly what your problem is my friend
you = :newbie:

stangvette1
06-20-2003, 10:37 PM
The camaro 3.4 liter v6 would get OWNED by the mustang 3.8 liter v6. The mustang produces 195 hp compared to the 160 in the 3.4 camaro. Plus the mustang is lighter. The 3.4 camaro won't come close to a GT!

Paonessa
06-20-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Jimster

No you wouldn't. The VQ35 Maxima would eat your ancient little beater- it even gives the Z28 an allright run for it's money- let's not forget just how much greater a V6 the VQ is compared to the Camaro's one.

Pull your head out of your ass- the rental company wants back thier Catagory H Sports Car- get a V8, a VQ or a Vesectomy- either is allright with me.

hell yeah:bigthumb:
my old vq30 95 maxima could beat a v6 stang or camaro

TatII
06-20-2003, 11:09 PM
hahaha all those V6 cars were designed for girls who buys the cars only for the looks, and not for the performance. the 3.8 liter cars are totally gutless. my friends 5 speed accord LX coupe can take a V6 stang. and a 6 speed maxima will rape your over weight under powered camaros and mustangs. a 6 speed max can do 0-60 in 6.3 second can dash the 1/4 mile in 14.7-9 seconds. those max's that you beat were probrably automatic max's casue those i admit are slow as hell. but the 3.5 v6's. even though i can beat them, it still wouldn't be that easy for me.

jon@af
06-20-2003, 11:14 PM
The camaro 3.4 liter v6 would get OWNED by the mustang 3.8 liter v6. The mustang produces 195 hp compared to the 160 in the 3.4 camaro. Plus the mustang is lighter. The 3.4 camaro won't come close to a GT!

:bigthumb: thank you.

PWMAN
06-21-2003, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by TatII
the 3.8 liter cars are totally gutless. my friends 5 speed accord LX coupe can take a V6 stang.

Yeah from 96-99 they only had 160 HP-not that hard to beat. However, starting in 2000 they upped it to 200 HP, a big jump. The 2000+ V6 stangs are twice as fast as a 96-99.

yojcbeast
06-21-2003, 11:45 AM
Whoa, there are alot of misinformed people in this thread. I'm new here and I own a 99 v6 camaro with a borla catback exhaust, slp cold air intake, 3.73s gearing and a few other mods. I run 14s all day.
And running 14s certainly keeps pace if not surpasses mustang gts. Also the gearing will let me smoke a gt by quite a few car lengths to at least 40 mph. Yes I do realize a fully modded GT vs. a fully modded V6 Camaro gt wins. I'm just exemplifying the potential. Also, a GT has never, ever compared to a z28 or a trans am. other than the obvious hp differences (260 vs. 310. The z28 comes with a better exhaust and gearing that the stock gt. It's really not a comparison. Stock late model z28s and trans ams run 5 flat ALL DAY. GTs are lucky to hit 5s.

Base V6 Mustang vs. Base V6 Camaro vs. Base V6 Firebird

The base V6 Mustang is a 3.8 liter motor rated at 193hp and 225ft-lbs of torque. The Camaro and Firebird V6 is also a 3.8 liter rated at 200hp and 225ft-lbs.

The Mustang V6 should help it to 60 in less than 9seconds and will run it through the 1/4 mile in less than 17 seconds. The GM engine will send the Firebird and Camaro twins to 60 in about 7.4 seconds and will click the 1/4 mile traps at around 15.7 seconds. 15.7 secs without the y87 sport package

Mustang GT vs. Camaro Z28 vs. Firebird V8

The Mustang GT steps up the powerplant to a V8 engine displacing 4.6 liters and topping the engine with 'fancier' heads than the Camaro or Firebird. It puts out 260hp and 302ft-lbs of torque, compared to the GM LS1 powerplant (5.7 liters) putting out 310hp and 335ft-lbs of torque.

To make things a little worse here, chassis dyno measurements (measures true rear wheel hp - or how much is hitting the pavement) have shown that Chevrolet and Pontiac are actually underrating the LS1's power figures while Ford's motor actually puts out slightly less than it should.

Performance figures for these levels are in the mid 5 to high second range 0-60 for the GT and low 5 second range for the Z28 and Firebird V8 (or Trans Am). The quarter mile goes by in the low 14 second range for the GT while the GM twins get through it in the mid 13 second area (quite a few car lengths at that speed).

Mustang Cobra vs. Camaro SS vs. Firebird WS6

Stepping up a level in price and performance brings the GM LS1 power figures to 325hp and 345ft-lbs of torque. The Mustang Cobra comes in with a 4.6-liter 4-valve tumble-port V-8. The engine produces 320 horsepower at 6000 rpm and 317 lbs.-ft. of torque at 4750 rpm.

Real world performance got faster by a tenth or two for all three models, with the GM cars going 0-60 in 5 seconds flat (many magazines and outside tests saw high 4 second 0-60 times) and low 13 second quarter mile times. The Cobra hovered around mid 5 seconds for 0-60 and barely cracked into the 13's in the quarter mile (13.9 @ 100mph).

To semi-conclude this chapter, it seems as if the GM cars are a step ahead of the Ford in each match. Ford has taken the high road of technology in their engine, but GM has continued to run more cubic inches of displacement with their 'old-school' pushrod LS1 engine. Since the pricing of these cars is somewhat similar (the Mustangs actually run a bit more), I would have to go with the Camaro Z28 for the best out of all of them, with the Pontiac WS6 (for styling reasons) close behind. If you are looking for performance, the LS1 cars from GM are hard to beat (aren't they Mr. Mustang?).

Another Level? Mustang Cobra R vs. Corvette Z06

Ford's Special Vehicle Team unveiled a new car aimed directly at the Corvette and Viper (according to an SVT spokesman). The Cobra R is a stripped (no a/c, no back seat, no radio) with a bigger, 5.4 liter motor pumping out 385hp and 385ft-lbs of torque. It will run from 0-60 in the mid 4 second range and clear the 1/4 mile in 12.9 seconds @ 110 mph.

Unfortunately for Ford, Chevrolet has produced the quickest Corvette ever (yes, quicker than the ZR1). The Z06 uses a new LS6 5.7 liter engine producing the exact same hp and torque figures as the Cobra R but pulling in much better performance numbers - 0-60 in 4 seconds flat and 1/4 mile in 12.6 seconds @ 114 mph. It also does this with climate control and a very nice radio :)

It baffles me to see the Mustang consistently outselling GM's cars which are clearly out-powering the Fords at every level. I'm not sure why the Mustang has come on as such a high seller. At any rate, on any level I would choose the GM product (either Camaro, Firebird, or Trans Am - based on your taste in looks) - they are better built, faster, and (my opinion) better looking.

Here's some info for the misinformed
the 3800 Series II V-6 came out in later models of 1995. Not 2000, where did you get that from?

Secondly, it has been proven that a v6 camaro can whoop a v6 stang. Other than the obvious horsepower differences.
200hp and 225 lb/tq at the flywheel vs. 190 hp and 220lb/tq? could be wrong on the stang torque. I have articles upon articles of stock camaros running low 15s stock. Here's one
http://media.firebirdv6.com/unsunghero.html
it shows runs off a 98 camaro. I know for a fact that v6 stangs run 16-17s stock, and I also know that with an exhaust, they perk to life because they do suffer from a huge bottleneck.

and I have more info where that come from...

1999 V6 camaro, 3.73 LSD, SLP CAI, M5, removed maf screen, Borla Catback
Smokin' GT's all day
1/4=14.43

yojcbeast
06-21-2003, 11:46 AM
also, 3.4L camaro wouldn't hold anything to a 4.6l gt:eek7:

yojcbeast
06-21-2003, 11:50 AM
3.8s gutless? It's one of the most reliable engines ever built! Impala's, monte carlos, gp, regals, centuries, bonnevilles. All reliable cars. I have never seen any of these cars torn to shit. (maybe older buicks). Also think of the TTA's and Grand Nationals. An 89 Turbo Trans Am ran 13s stock! And guess, what, it had a 3.8:biggrin2:

yojcbeast
06-21-2003, 11:53 AM
A response to the maxima post. How much is a brand new maxima? 25k-30k?

You can get a decked out camaro for up to 10k less with the same kind of warranty. And a very well known and trust 3.8. Well known in the sense that it has been around for such a long time that there are countless mods for it.

I wouldn't pay an extra 10k for a maxima
they're uuuggggglllly
:eek:

yojcbeast
06-21-2003, 11:54 AM
maximas do not give z28s a run for their money
13 sec. 1/4 mile vs. 14.7 1/4 mile = 10 - 20 car lengths

:lol:

jon@af
06-21-2003, 11:59 AM
yojcbeast, maybe you could say that all in one post?

Also, your camaro is has mods, we are talking stock to stock.

yojcbeast
06-21-2003, 12:02 PM
stock to stock, camaros still wins. Also, camaros respond better to my mods than mustangs do :tongue:

PWMAN
06-21-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by yojcbeast

Here's some info for the misinformed
the 3800 Series II V-6 came out in later models of 1995. Not 2000, where did you get that from?

I was talking about the mustang-not the GM cars. In 94-95, the V6 only had 145 HP. 96-99 had 160 HP. 00+ have 190.

Pick
06-21-2003, 03:35 PM
maximas do not give z28s a run for their money
13 sec. 1/4 mile vs. 14.7 1/4 mile = 10 - 20 car lengths

:lol:

Camaro: 13.9 1/4, 0-60 in 5.5
Maxima: 14.7 1/4, 0-60 in 5.9

If the Camaro was auto and the Maxima manual, I could see this as being an interesting race. Never underestimate the power of a VQ. I have seen them pull on f-bodies before. I personally have pulled on a '98 Z28 in my 2002 Maxima.

Paonessa
06-21-2003, 06:50 PM
A response to the maxima post. How much is a brand new maxima? 25k-30k?

You can get a decked out camaro for up to 10k less with the same kind of warranty. And a very well known and trust 3.8. Well known in the sense that it has been around for such a long time that there are countless mods for it.

I wouldn't pay an extra 10k for a maxima
they're uuuggggglllly
:eek:

my last maxima went 165,000 miles and was still running strong when i traded it in for my new one. let's see any chevy or pontiac go that long without at least one rebuild if not more. you may pay more up front but in the long run my maxima cost me nil for all the fun i got out of it. and i have never had someon look at my car and say "oh, it's only the six cylinder" i'll bet you have.

PWMAN
06-21-2003, 07:22 PM

my last maxima went 165,000 miles and was still running strong when i traded it in for my new one. let's see any chevy or pontiac go that long without at least one rebuild if not more.

umm, yeah. My dad's 85 chevy G30 van has 260K on the truck, 180K on the second engine. The first engine blew because it was overheated severely. This 350 has 180K and is still going strong, not to mention it's a 1 ton work van that we carry some heavy things with every now and then. Hows that? BTW this engine with 180K has been overheated twice because of faulty thermostats, and the fact that my dad doesn't pay attention to the gauges other than the speedo. So it's been to approx. 260 degrees twice. Carb is messed up(quadrajunk) and the radiator leaks like a siv - have to put a gallon in it every day. HAHA but engine still runs good.

Paonessa
06-21-2003, 07:40 PM
no i mean it ran well, and problem free. easy as change oil, fill with gas, drive car. you're pouring in a gallon of anti-freeze daily and the radiator leaks causing the car to overheat. that is not exemplory of running well to me. not to mention the first engine started overheatig and eventually seized at half the mileage i got out of the only engine in my first maxima and your second engine is doing the same shit and your carbeurator leaks. who's side are you on anyway? (J/k)

PWMAN
06-21-2003, 10:28 PM
Huh? The radiator is not the reason it overheated, it was faulty thermostats and my dad not watching the gauges. The leaks are just recent(last couple months) and are being fixed soon. So it's the original radiator with 260K+ miles on it, thats pretty good in my book. You know how much water that thing has cooled over 18 years?

stangvette1
06-21-2003, 10:45 PM
The mustang can compete with GM at every level:
mustang v6 vs. camaro v6 vs. firebird v6
mustang mach1 vs. camaro ss vs. transam
cobra r vs corvette C5
03 Cobra vs. corvette Z06
( The mustang gt and the camaro Z28 are insignificant to this comparison.)
Chevy doesn't dominate Ford in any of these categories. The mustang v6 will take the v6 firebird and the v6 camaro (WEIGHT), the mach1 will hold its ground versus the transam and camaro ss, the cobra r will take the C5, and the 2003 cobra will hang with the Z06 all day long. Clearly Chevy is NOT more powerful than Ford.

P.S. Ford has another fast car besides the mustang. It's called the Ford GT and it will blow all GM vehicles out of the water!:smile:

primitivefuture
06-23-2003, 04:26 AM
I have a v6 stang with at least 350hp, I would definitely pick the stang.

Neutrino
06-23-2003, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by primitivefuture

till you post mods i'll do this......:bs:

Paonessa
06-23-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by primitivefuture
i wanna see a dyno chart or a track slip

PWMAN
06-23-2003, 07:07 PM

i wanna see a dyno chart or a track slip

YUP!:iagree:

Tekone
06-24-2003, 04:22 PM
Lotta misinformed people in here:eek7:

First, auto to auto the V-6 Camaro would win. Ford still does not know how to build a decent auto. Manual to manual it's a drivers race. I know having raced plenty of Mustangs both auto and manual. Second, to the person who said his Maxima 6 spd. would hang with a Z28, what are you smoking? You run high 14s to MAYBE mid 14s versus a z's low 13's consistantly. Thats an awful lot of car lenghts in the quarter mile. It's not even close. You have what, 245hp to a Z28's 310 advertised hp, which is very decieving as they dyno 300-315 to the wheels, which translates to 350 at the flywheel. 245 hp versus 350? Not a chance in hell. Go race one if you are still not convinced. And as for the same person insulting Camaro's and Mustang's, dude you drive a Maxima.:smile: Enough said. Neither car is fast, but they are fun to drive if they have a stick and will last if taken care of. And what else can you buy that is only a year old and has less than 8k on the odo and is fun to drive for less than $14,000.

Pick
06-24-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Tekone
Lotta misinformed people in here:eek7:

First, auto to auto the V-6 Camaro would win. Ford still does not know how to build a decent auto. Manual to manual it's a drivers race. I know having raced plenty of Mustangs both auto and manual. Second, to the person who said his Maxima 6 spd. would hang with a Z28, what are you smoking? You run high 14s to MAYBE mid 14s versus a z's low 13's consistantly. Thats an awful lot of car lenghts in the quarter mile. It's not even close. You have what, 245hp to a Z28's 310 advertised hp, which is very decieving as they dyno 300-315 to the wheels, which translates to 350 at the flywheel. 245 hp versus 350? Not a chance in hell. Go race one if you are still not convinced. And as for the same person insulting Camaro's and Mustang's, dude you drive a Maxima. Enough said.:biggrin: Neither car is fast, but they are fun to drive if they have a stick and will last if taken care of. And what else can you buy that is only a year old and has less than 8k on the odo and is fun to drive for less than $14,000.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
My friend, you have no idea what you are talking about. First of all, the Z28 doesn't run 350 horses, you pulled that stat out of your butt. I have never seen that stat before on here or anywhere for that matter. And a 2002 Maxima has 255 horses. So its 255 to 310. Take into account the weight. The Z28 weighs about 200 lbs. more than '02 Maxima SE. Uh-oh....this race is getting closer as the truth unfolds......:wink:

The best official 1/4 time I have seen for a Z28 is 13.8. The best official 1/4 time I have seen for a 6-speed Maxima is 14.7. If the Z28 was auto, and the Maxima 6-speed, I can see that as being a close race. They are .4 seconds apart on 0-60. You can't argue with facts, but I guess you can make them up.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I have heard about a 6-speed Maxima taking a 2000+ Formula Trans-am.

As for the V-6 Camaro's and Stangs, there has never been one I couldn't tame by two car lengths. They have two of the worst dime-a-dozen V-6's ever built. That is a fact. You cheated yourself out by buying a V-6 'muscle car'. I'd be more than happy to find other's that agree with me.

And what does the "Dude, you drive a Maxima!" comment mean. I can take you and my resale value is a whole lote better. Not to mention one of, if not the best, V-6 engines ever produced is under my hood. Interior is 100 times better than yours. And reliability? I'm laughing right now...:lol:

I don't hate Camaro's, in fact I like them very much,. but your post is senseless.

Tekone
06-24-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Pick

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
My friend, you have no idea what you are talking about. First of all, the Z28 doesn't run 350 horses, you pulled that stat out of your butt. I have never seen that stat before on here or anywhere for that matter.

Then you obviously don't know too much about f-bodies if you don't know they are underpowered. How about you take a gander around LS1.com]http://www.ls1.com Check out the member's dyno numbers. They ALL dyno high 290's to 310ish unless there is something wrong with them. Correct for 16-18% drivetrain loss, and you are looking at 350 to 360 hp. 98-00 f-bodies dyno slightly lower (high 290's to low 300's) while 01-02's dyno about 5 to 10 hp more. Do the math. I'm sure I pulled that stat out of my butt.:rolleyes: Try to learn more about what these cars can do before you open your mouth.

If that is not enough proof, look at what they run compared to 4.6 99+ Mustangs. LS1 f-bodies run low 13's with a decent driver. Stick or auto. High 12's are possible with good track prep. and a very good driver. Compare those numbers to those of a Mustang. 99+ Mustangs run low 14's with a decent driver. High 13's are possible with a very good driver and a 5-speed. An auto might break 13's, but would be difficult to do, but possible. So there is about a second difference between a 99+ 4.6 Mustang and a 98+ LS1 f-body, but yet f-bodies run a whole second faster with only 50 hp. more and similar gearing? Hmmm....Nope. They in reality have around 90 hp more. Again, research a bit more before you run your mouth will ya.

And a 2002 Maxima has 255 horses. So its 255 to 310. Take into account the weight. The Z28 weighs about 200 lbs. more than '02 Maxima SE. Uh-oh....this race is getting closer as the truth unfolds......:wink:

Nope, its 255 versus 350ish. Again, if you don't believe me, go race a Z/formula/TA and find out the hard way. The 200 lb. difference does not play too much of a factor when there is that much of a hp. difference between the two cars.

The best official 1/4 time I have seen for a Z28 is 13.8. The best official 1/4 time I have seen for a 6-speed Maxima is 14.7. If the Z28 was auto, and the Maxima 6-speed, I can see that as being a close race. They are .4 seconds apart on 0-60. You can't argue with facts, but I guess you can make them up.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I have heard about a 6-speed Maxima taking a 2000+ Formula Trans-am.

You like to magazine race don't ya. That 'official' 1/4th mile time you are quoting was done by both Car and Driver and MT on regular roads, not the track. A lil' bit of a difference there. A 6-speed Maxima beating a LS1 T/A. LOL this is getting better all the time. Maybe if the T/A was running on 6 cylinders and was missing first and second gear.

As for the V-6 Camaro's and Stangs, there has never been one I couldn't tame by two car lengths. They have two of the worst dime-a-dozen V-6's ever built. That is a fact. You cheated yourself out by buying a V-6 'muscle car'. I'd be more than happy to find other's that agree with me.

I never said you could not take a V-6 F-body or Stang. You have 45 hp. and a lil' more torque than them. No problem there. I bought my car because the car is in my name and the V-6 version is expensive enough to insure. When you are paying for your college tuition, rent, car, insurance, food, gas ect. you don't have much money to go around. The car is fine for what I do with it. Fun to drive and gets decent gas milage.

And what does the "Dude, you drive a Maxima!" comment mean. I can take you and my resale value is a whole lote better. Not to mention one of, if not the best, V-6 engines ever produced is under my hood. Interior is 100 times better than yours.

The 3.8 V-6 has been around many years, and it's reliability has been proven. Interior looks are subjective. I like my interior. Suits the car fine IMO. And you apparently missed my smile next to that quote.

I don't hate Camaro's, in fact I like them very much,. but your post is senseless.

If you like them so much, go do some more research on them. My post is senseless? Please.:cool:

Paonessa
06-24-2003, 06:36 PM

And as for the same person insulting Camaro's and Mustang's, dude you drive a Maxima.:smile: Enough said.
dude you drive a base model v6 camaro. nuf said. if you don't like what he's saying, prove him wrong. who gives a fuck what he drives or what you think about it. i could have gotten 2 POS v6 camaro's for what i got my car for. i didn't for a reason.

speeder94
06-24-2003, 11:07 PM
hey VETESTANG WHY DONT YOU PUT THAT NEW CRAPPY FORD GT AGAINST THE LIGENFELTER CORVETTE 1/4 9.27 0-60 1.97 NOW WHOS THE WINNER AND FORD WE DONT HAVE TO USE SUPERCHARGERS TO GET HORSEPOWER YOU FORD LOSERS

speeder94
06-24-2003, 11:12 PM
HEY NISSAN FREAKS YOU WANNA RACE YOU CAN MOD A MAXIMA AND WONT EVEN BEAT A Z28 WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU BEAT A CAMARO Z28 MAYBE AV6 BUT A Z28 COME DONT BEA LIAR NO OFFENSE BUT YOU SOME PRETTY STUPID THINGS LIKE BEATING A CAMARO Z28 IN YOUR MAXIMA WITH A CRAPPY 245HP ENGINE

Paonessa
06-24-2003, 11:58 PM
:loser:no one said they beat a z28.

Jimster
06-25-2003, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by speeder94
HEY NISSAN FREAKS YOU WANNA RACE YOU CAN MOD A MAXIMA AND WONT EVEN BEAT A Z28 WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU BEAT A CAMARO Z28 MAYBE AV6 BUT A Z28 COME DONT BEA LIAR NO OFFENSE BUT YOU SOME PRETTY STUPID THINGS LIKE BEATING A CAMARO Z28 IN YOUR MAXIMA WITH A CRAPPY 245HP ENGINE

What are you calling crappy moron? The VQ35 is the best V6 in the world- That has been acknowleged time after time- FAR better than any V6 GM is doing thats for sure- to call the VQ35 crappy without any re-inforcment is ignorance

stangvette1
06-25-2003, 07:15 AM
Speedster94, the lingenfelter corvette is twin-turboed for your information! Plus I wasn't comparing aftermarket chevy or ford. i think that you are just jealous that ford was smart enough to add a supercharger and chevy wasn't! Plus don't give Ford crap about using superchargers. Afterall, Mercedes-Benz uses superchargers and porsche uses twin -turbos!!

Pick
06-25-2003, 11:47 AM

If you like them so much, go do some more research on them. My post is senseless? Please.:cool:

You can't argue with the facts. I posted them, and have proven that it would be a close race.

And as for beating Mustangs and Camaros, I can do that in my 190- horsepoer '96 Maxima, I don't need my 2002.

I'm not going to waste my time going to some wacked redneck Cheverolet site, so if you want to get me an exact link, then I will take a look at it.

If the Z-28 is a claimed 350 horse, shouldn't it be running comparable times to the Corvette? The average dyno I have seen for the 2000+ Z-28 is 302.5 horsepower. That is the dyno # that most frequently occurs.

And I never said I have ever seen a Maxima beat a WS-6 Trans-am. I said I had seen it beat a Formula Trans-am. Maybe you should read up more on the F-bodies.

BTW, don't come on here flaming, newbie. You aren't scoring points with anybody.:rolleyes:

Pick
06-25-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by speeder94
YOUR MAXIMA WITH A CRAPPY 245HP ENGINE

:spit: :spit: :spit: :loser: :loser:

ttspool
06-25-2003, 03:03 PM

If the Z-28 is a claimed 350 horse, shouldn't it be running comparable times to the Corvette? The average dyno I have seen for the 2000+ Z-28 is 302.5 horsepower. That is the dyno # that most frequently occurs.

well it is pretty much a drivers race between those two cars. also the camaro is heavier than the corvette. also there is a 15% loss of hp from flywheel to the wheels, so 303hp divided by .85 is roughly 356 hp at the flywheel:wink:

Tekone
06-25-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Jimster

What are you calling crappy moron? The VQ35 is the best V6 in the world- That has been acknowleged time after time- FAR better than any V6 GM is doing thats for sure- to call the VQ35 crappy without any re-inforcment is ignorance

Yup sure it is...:rolleyes: What makes it FAR better than any V6 GM makes? The 3.8 V6 produced by GM has been out longer, is proven, and is reliable. What more can you ask for? Don't call GM V6's 'crappy' without having some facts to back up your statement.

Tekone
06-25-2003, 06:28 PM

You can't argue with the facts. I posted them, and have proven that it would be a close race.

What facts have you posted other than your misinformed and biased opinions? None.

And as for beating Mustangs and Camaros, I can do that in my 190- horsepoer '96 Maxima, I don't need my 2002.

:rolleyes: Where do we get these morons from?
My friend has a 97' Maxima and it does not even come close to beating my car. I have raced him several times. Please stop spouting BS and then trying to back it up with more BS opinions.

I'm not going to waste my time going to some wacked redneck Cheverolet site, so if you want to get me an exact link, then I will take a look at it.

Funny how your true colors start to show finally. In one other thread in this forumn you give props to f-bodies and in another you start dissing them. I already gave you a link. A 'redneck' site? Yup, I guess so since it has over 30,000 members.:rolleyes: You are so stereotypical it makes me laugh.

Ding ding ding....we have a winner. LS1 f-bodies DO run comarable time to an LS1 powered Corvette. This is taxing your brain I can see, so I'll put it in Layman's term for you. On average, LS1 f-bodies run low 13's at around 104-106 mph in the 1/4th. On average, LS1 Corvettes run high 12's at just slightly higher mph. Hmm...their times are pretty similar don't ya think for supposedly having a 50 hp difference. The reason the Corvette is faster than f-bodies is it has a slightly different cam (lower LSA to give it hight RPM power I believe) and it has better aerodynamics.

And I never said I have ever seen a Maxima beat a WS-6 Trans-am. I said I had seen it beat a Formula Trans-am. Maybe you should read up more on the F-bodies.

Still a slow one huh? Suprise #2. There is very little to no difference in hp. numbers between Z28's, SS's, formulas, T/A's and WS6 T/A's. They ALL put down close to the same numbers on the dyno. 300-310 for most of them. Does not matter whether it's a Z28, SS, WS6, exc. They all dyno around that range. You ever taken a look under the hood of a Ws6 T/A to see where all the air comming from the 'ram air' hood is going to? Nowhere, just like the regular T/A. The airbox that leads to the MAF is shut tight. So just how, again, does a Ws6 make 10-20 more advertised power with just a fake 'ram air' hood? It doesn't. Same goes for the SS. The exhaust system is just slightly less restrictive, but it provides little in the way of gains. A few hp really. Maybe you should read up on f-bodies.

BTW, don't come on here flaming, newbie. You aren't scoring points with anybody.:rolleyes:

Maybe it was time I came on to stop the relentless BS you seem so content to type all the time. Stop making BS posts with BS opinions without ANY facts to back them up. I don't care if you like my car or not, it does not matter to me. But I can not stand when people spout BS and try to get other people to believe it like you. Go do a little more research and come back better prepared next time. :wave:

Tekone
06-25-2003, 06:44 PM
The mustang can compete with GM at every level:
:rolleyes: Another biased opinion.

Chevy doesn't dominate Ford in any of these categories. The mustang v6 will take the v6 firebird and the v6 camaro (WEIGHT), the mach1 will hold its ground versus the transam and camaro ss, the cobra r will take the C5, and the 2003 cobra will hang with the Z06 all day long. Clearly Chevy is NOT more powerful than Ford.

Auto to auto? Stick to stick? Your generalizing here. Auto to auto, the Camaro or Firebird will take the Mustang. I have raced several auto Mustangs and have never lost. Ford does not know how to build a halfway decent auto still. Stick to stick, it is a drivers race. Been there, done that as well. Lost one, won one so far. Very close race b/t the two. A LS1 f-body will rape a Mustang GT. Enough said. The Mach 1 will contend with LS1 f-bodies, but is slightly slower. The 03 Cobra will beat a C5 'Vette but is slightly slower than a Z06.
Clearly Chevy is more powerful than Ford.
Lets take a look shall we....
V6 Camaro to V6 Mustang= 200 hp vs. 193 hp. Advantage-Chevy
V8 f-body to Mustang GT= 310(350 actual) vs. 260 Advantage-Chevy
LS6 Corvette to 03' Cobra= 405 vs. 390 (actual #'s slightly higher)
Advantage- 03' Cobra has a little more power real world. But the Z06 weighs 600ish Lbs less. So, advantage-Chevrolet.

PWMAN
06-25-2003, 07:11 PM

V8 f-body to Mustang GT= 310(350 actual) vs. 260 Advantage-Chevy

Now this comparison is just plain stupid, you have to compare the mach I to an F body with an LS1.
Now since I am neither a Ford or Chevy guy(MOPARMAN) than I say fuck it and buy a Viper and smoke everything you guys are talking about.:wink: :thefinger

TatII
06-25-2003, 07:14 PM
man this is gettin waay of subject here. but since people are dissin out the nissan VQ engine i'm goin to have to but in. the reason why everyone says that the VQ is much better of an engine then the 3.8 that GM makes is because the V6 is what nissan spends most of its R&D on. which GM specializes in 350's nissan specializes in the VQ engine. so basically the V6 like you guys admited is an old engine that really hasn't been improved over time becuase no one really buys a V6 camaro for all out performance. and and just to let you guys know, the VQ in the MAX is the same as the VQ found in the Z which makes 287 from 3.5 liters. that is not a bad number for a 3.5 that more power then you get from a ford 302 or any other n/a ford 4.6 and more then any GM 3.8 liter motors. granted any sane person will know that a MAX can not hang with a V8 powered Camaro (you need a supercharger for that) but the MAX is quick enough to hang with a stang GT which is not bad for a V6 four door family car compared to a V8 powered sport coupe. you understand?

PWMAN
06-25-2003, 07:20 PM
the Z which makes 287 from 3.5 liters. that is not a bad number for a 3.5 that more power then you get from a ford 302 or any other n/a ford 4.6

N/A 4.6L Mach I engine makes 305 HP.

Tekone
06-25-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by PWMAN

Now this comparison is just plain stupid, you have to compare the mach I to an F body with an LS1.
Now since I am neither a Ford or Chevy guy(MOPARMAN) than I say fuck it and buy a Viper and smoke everything you guys are talking about.:wink: :thefinger

What do you think I just compared a Mustang GT to? An LS1 f-body puts down 300-310 to the REAR WHEELS. Stock. Do the math and that means 350~ to the flywheel. They are very underrated cars. Why do you think they beat Mustang GT's so badly?

Tekone
06-25-2003, 07:22 PM
man this is gettin waay of subject here. but since people are dissin out the nissan VQ engine i'm goin to have to but in. the reason why everyone says that the VQ is much better of an engine then the 3.8 that GM makes is because the V6 is what nissan spends most of its R&D on. which GM specializes in 350's nissan specializes in the VQ engine. so basically the V6 like you guys admited is an old engine that really hasn't been improved over time becuase no one really buys a V6 camaro for all out performance. and and just to let you guys know, the VQ in the MAX is the same as the VQ found in the Z which makes 287 from 3.5 liters. that is not a bad number for a 3.5 that more power then you get from a ford 302 or any other n/a ford 4.6 and more then any GM 3.8 liter motors. granted any sane person will know that a MAX can not hang with a V8 powered Camaro (you need a supercharger for that) but the MAX is quick enough to hang with a stang GT which is not bad for a V6 four door family car compared to a V8 powered sport coupe. you understand?

Thank you. Finally someone brought some sense into this thread.:bigthumb:

PWMAN
06-25-2003, 07:27 PM

What do you think I just compared a Mustang GT to? An LS1 f-body puts down 300-310 to the REAR WHEELS. Stock. Do the math and that means 350~ to the flywheel. They are very underrated cars. Why do you think they beat Mustang GT's so badly?

I'm saying comparing a GT stang to a LS1 F body is stupid BECAUSE they are so underated. And even if they weren't, 310 HP VS 260? Come on, of course the Firebird/camaro is going to stomp a GT without even trying. That is my point, compare it to something a little closer like the mach I which has 305 HP and can do 12's in the 1/4 like an F body.

Paonessa
06-25-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by PWMAN

N/A 4.6L Mach I engine makes 305 HP.
so you'll only to get 18 more hp from a 1.1 liter bigger displacement engine with two more pistons. kinda pathetic if you ask me.

how come a nissan 4.5L 8 cylinder VQ45 engine makes 345hp and 333 lbs. torque when a ford 4.6 only makes 260hp and the older stangs didn't even make that @ 215 hp and 280-something torque? maybe cuz ford's not that great.

Paonessa
06-25-2003, 09:18 PM

Where do we get these morons from?
My friend has a 97' Maxima and it does not even come close to beating my car. I have raced him several times. Please stop spouting BS and then trying to back it up with more BS opinions.

you either 1)have a friend with an auto max vs your manual camaro, 2) have a friend who can't drive stick or 3) you're just lying out your asshole
VQmax---> :nutkick: <---you're v6 camaro

Add your comment to this topic!