Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New Here. Any Thoughts On My Car Ideas?

PonyTamer
06-07-2011, 05:10 PM
im 15. i currently have a 71 monte carlo with a 350 sitting in the garage. thinking about selling it and buying a 3rd gen (fox body) mustang hatchback.

The reason why? im DEFINATELY more of a chevy fan, but i have some mods in mind that cant be done on my carlo. first off, im getting a 632ci chevy big block. the fox body mustang is the only car ive ever seen with this engine in it, so im SURE it will fit.

also the carlo (even though i love it) has no foglights :banghead: and the fox body's foglights are the perfect size and location for what i have in mind. i got the idea out of car crafts nov 2010 issue where a guy took out the fog lights of his car, put two air filters in the openings and ran two turbos right behind them. he got 1200 hp on race gas with the regular 4.6l (and other mods of course.)

so the 632 which is advertised around 800 hp + the turbos running at about 20lbs would be extremely fast. does anyone have an estimate?

05C Rado
07-21-2011, 05:57 PM
im 15. i currently have a 71 monte carlo with a 350 sitting in the garage. thinking about selling it and buying a 3rd gen (fox body) mustang hatchback.

The reason why? im DEFINATELY more of a chevy fan, but i have some mods in mind that cant be done on my carlo. first off, im getting a 632ci chevy big block. the fox body mustang is the only car ive ever seen with this engine in it, so im SURE it will fit.

also the carlo (even though i love it) has no foglights :banghead: and the fox body's foglights are the perfect size and location for what i have in mind. i got the idea out of car crafts nov 2010 issue where a guy took out the fog lights of his car, put two air filters in the openings and ran two turbos right behind them. he got 1200 hp on race gas with the regular 4.6l (and other mods of course.)

so the 632 which is advertised around 800 hp + the turbos running at about 20lbs would be extremely fast. does anyone have an estimate?

Why on earth would you sell a 71 monte carlo for a fox body? first off ill tell you this, if you do sell that car you probably will regret it, fox body mustangs are a dime a dozen, and 71 monte carlos are a unique site now-a-days! I say keep the monte, scrap the rustang idea because anything can be done to any car it just depends on how deep your wallet is. Seeing as you are only 15 years old, these mods you want to do to a car seem a little unreal. 350 motors have plenty of aftermarket support and can have more power than you would know what to do with. Stick with the monte :)

Porschedrkr
08-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Stay with the Monte Carlo. You might want to modify a foxbody but if you modified your Carlo it would look much more distinguished. A modified foxbody Is like a corvette... You see them everywhere with old men driving them. Such a cliche. But where do you see a modified '71 Monte Carlo. Not very cliche... I say forget the foxbody and just modify your Carlo. It will indeed take money but totally worth it. Great car :)

Add your comment to this topic!