Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 Lumina LTZ (engine replaced)

signspinnert
06-04-2011, 10:01 AM
so finally got engine replaced that was hydro locked! the guys I took it to allowed me to drive it without having it paid off. When i got it back My A/C doesnt come out the panel vents at driver and passenger. works hign and low but no middle! also the heat sensor is stuck on hot. It doesnt run hot! but its stuck and i dont like that! are these two easy fixes, because im not comfortable with taking it back to the guys who did the engine work!

all help appreciated!!!!

Scrapper
06-04-2011, 02:02 PM
so finally got engine replaced that was hydro locked! the guys I took it to allowed me to drive it without having it paid off. When i got it back My A/C doesnt come out the panel vents at driver and passenger. works hign and low but no middle! also the heat sensor is stuck on hot. It doesnt run hot! but its stuck and i dont like that! are these two easy fixes, because im not comfortable with taking it back to the guys who did the engine work!

all help appreciated!!!!

check make sure all blends doors are opening and working it runs off vaccum try look for a vaccum hose they never hooked back up also.

good luck........

signspinnert
07-26-2011, 12:33 PM
so yeah got the used engine put in, it had 101,000 on it supposedly, drove it to wisconsin from florida and around wisconsin for a few weeks....on july 11th I was passing a car on interstate and got it to 80 and it died.....Threw a rod.......never again am I going with the 3.8 L or a chevy. I put 3500 in a car that lasted me 4000 miles...Lmfao....never again will I push a car to 80 mph because that seems to be the magic number......

so Im looking for a new used car now... gonna spend up to 4000.00. and was thinking a honda or toyota....accord or camry 2003 less than 140,000 miles I hope...Am I on the right track? also will be better on gas then the v6....

tough lesson I learned:crying:

oldblu65
07-27-2011, 12:09 PM
I wouldn't condemn the GM brand because of this incident . Sounds like it was taken to a " shady " garage and they ripped you off by installing a worn out engine .You said you weren't comfortable returning the vehicle to the people that did the work on it . I think that proves you agree with me ? It could have happened with any make of car ( including a Honda ) under the same circumstances . I don't mean to sound like I'm endorsing or condemning either car brand but rather the " service and value " you received at that particular garage ? My intention isn't to offend you with my remarks and I apologize if I have . Anyways , that my take on the situation for what it is worth . Good luck !

signspinnert
07-27-2011, 01:23 PM
I wouldn't condemn the GM brand because of this incident . Sounds like it was taken to a " shady " garage and they ripped you off by installing a worn out engine .You said you weren't comfortable returning the vehicle to the people that did the work on it . I think that proves you agree with me ? It could have happened with any make of car ( including a Honda ) under the same circumstances . I don't mean to sound like I'm endorsing or condemning either car brand but rather the " service and value " you received at that particular garage ? My intention isn't to offend you with my remarks and I apologize if I have . Anyways , that my take on the situation for what it is worth . Good luck !

No offense taken.......I was bitter and am for a myriad of reasons.....I just need to protect my investment this time. Ive come up with 2000 for a down payment on something newer, and I am hoping for a monthly payment not to exceed 130.00, what kind of run of the mill warranty can I expect from a certified used dealer???? What should I not accept from a certified used dealer.....I have a toddler, and cannot afford another major malfunction such as the two previous..........
I am thinking honda or toyota now for obvious reasons....Are Kias any good or just headaches? I Need the most reputable car this time and I KNOW A LUMINA IS NOT ONE OF THEM RIGHT?
pLEASE HELP.

Moppie
07-27-2011, 05:11 PM
No offense taken.......I was bitter and am for a myriad of reasons.....I just need to protect my investment this time. Ive come up with 2000 for a down payment on something newer, and I am hoping for a monthly payment not to exceed 130.00, what kind of run of the mill warranty can I expect from a certified used dealer???? What should I not accept from a certified used dealer.....I have a toddler, and cannot afford another major malfunction such as the two previous..........
I am thinking honda or toyota now for obvious reasons....Are Kias any good or just headaches? I Need the most reputable car this time and I KNOW A LUMINA IS NOT ONE OF THEM RIGHT?
pLEASE HELP.

I wouldn't buy anything from the American big 3 either, all have suffered financially, and that does get reflected in their build quality.

Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundia and Kia are all at the top of their game at the moment, all are making very good cars.

signspinnert
07-27-2011, 11:55 PM
I wouldn't buy anything from the American big 3 either, all have suffered financially, and that does get reflected in their build quality.

Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundia and Kia are all at the top of their game at the moment, all are making very good cars.

kiwi!kiwi!kiwi!:cheers:

Moppie
07-28-2011, 01:35 AM
kiwi!kiwi!kiwi!:cheers:

:icon16: Hell yes!

You a Kiwi living in the States, or just a fan?

:cheers:

signspinnert
07-28-2011, 09:22 AM
I met a Kiwi in hong kong 10 years ago Named Amanda from auckland, and well I loved her accent and we had a GREAT time.....:iceslolan

A fan I suppose. A nice island you guys got.

Moppie
07-29-2011, 01:16 AM
I met a Kiwi in hong kong 10 years ago Named Amanda from auckland, and well I loved her accent and we had a GREAT time.....:iceslolan

A fan I suppose. A nice island you guys got.

Cool! :icon16:

You'll have to save up and come visit on day.

signspinnert
08-12-2011, 10:38 AM
here is a side damaged cheap car,,,,would it be worth taking to mechanic and fixing if it has life yet....???

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/2542032403.html a camry 99 looks like it got smacked good on the side, still runs

maxwedge
08-12-2011, 11:33 AM
This is an inappropriate post in a Lumina thread, no? Anyway you better have a pro look for inner body damage at both pillars.

Moppie
08-12-2011, 04:34 PM
here is a side damaged cheap car,,,,would it be worth taking to mechanic and fixing if it has life yet....???

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/2542032403.html a camry 99 looks like it got smacked good on the side, still runs

As Max said, best to get something like that checked by a professional.
It can be very expensive to fix what only looks like simple damage, especially if the frame is bent.

This is an inappropriate post in a Lumina thread, no?

It started as a Lumina thread, no harm in leaving it here.

Add your comment to this topic!