Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hood opinions

Blackcrow64
05-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Well guys, back when I started the build of my car, at one point the hood got knocked over when I wasn't around and is pretty rough. The front corner got huge gouges in it that are about 6 inches long and a few little dents...

So now I am looking into a new hood as well while I am doing a few other things on the body. Rust repair, adding side skirts, etc...

I am torn between a stock looking carbon fiber hood or an invader style hood... Opinions on these? Any other hoods to suggest?

One thing to consider is that whichever I go with, I am adding hood struts to it so I won't need to use my hood prop anymore.

david-b
05-31-2011, 08:39 AM
Would the stock CF be painted? I liked when I had mine I had the stock CF. Couldn't tell too much since the car was black and the hood fit in really nicely. But stock looking is best to me. Not a huge fan of the Invader.

I still have my cf hood now that I think about it.

danielsatur
05-31-2011, 12:50 PM
How about a new Carbon hood!

Blackcrow64
05-31-2011, 02:22 PM
Possibly for sale Dave?

david-b
05-31-2011, 02:31 PM
Actually it is. Dude who wanted it never came back to pick up.

It's not in perfect shape by any means. Plus would have no idea how to ship. Unless you come and pick it up.

Blackcrow64
05-31-2011, 04:13 PM
I've got the truck and the time. I'm thinking a 3 day weekend with partying too. Yes? lol

What's wrong with the hood?

vanilla gorilla
06-03-2011, 07:22 PM
If you are going Carbon, OEM is the only way to go. I personally think the invader style hood (like on Shpyder's car) is the most hideous thing ever. I remember back in the day there was another version on the invader hood that was lower profile and looked really sexy, but It was discontinued, havent seen one in ages and last time I checked....you cant find one. So my vote is OEM steel hood or OEM Carbon.

ned032002
03-24-2012, 06:59 AM
Way old thread! It's not the oldest to be resurrected but still.

SilvrEclipse
03-26-2012, 06:57 AM
He was just trying to promote his sig links, has a bunch of useless post on the forum. I took care of it :smile:

Add your comment to this topic!