Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ads

935k3
05-28-2011, 10:18 PM
I understand the need to advertise on this site but does the audio for a stupid video ad have to be on by default? The stupid ad is at the bottom of the page and takes 2 clicks to mute. It's a bit obnoxious and annoying. The products are not exactly stuff that guys that build model cars really care about.

ZoomZoomMX-5
05-29-2011, 12:08 AM
I understand the need to advertise on this site but does the audio for a stupid video ad have to be on by default? The stupid ad is at the bottom of the page and takes 2 clicks to mute. It's a bit obnoxious and annoying. The products are not exactly stuff that guys that build model cars really care about.

It's become an annoying epidemic on many websites including this one; autoplay ads with audio. So obnoxious I would make sure to never, ever buy their products. It's so wonderful when multiple autoplay ads are running at the same friggin' time...whiskey tango foxtrot :sly::jerking::banghead:

yelo
05-29-2011, 10:09 AM
FireFox with the AddBlock ad-on solved the problem quickly for me...:biggrin:

firun
05-29-2011, 11:49 AM
AdBlock is the solution for this problem. With this plugin on my Google Chrome browser, the readability of AF is much better than earlier.

jano11
05-29-2011, 02:55 PM
Forum with ads or no forum? That is the question.
It might be different for different countries but I get no noisy ads around here.

rallymaster
05-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Idem for me running IE8, no ads... :dunno:
(and I don't complaint or wish to have some !! :lol:)

CifeNet
05-29-2011, 03:49 PM
I am actually thankful that we can have a forums like this for free. At least, I don't have to pay membership fee.

Someone has to pay for running a web site like this and I think it is inevitable to have ads since they provide the means to support the site.

BTW, I noticed there is a premium account where you can remove all the ads (plus some added perks). The price isn't too bad, it might be worth looking into if you are too bothered by the ads here.

voyageur
05-31-2011, 06:43 PM
Mozilla FireFox plus AdBlock and your problem is solved :-)

935k3
05-31-2011, 07:46 PM
Thanks to all who suggested Ad Blocker it works great. I'll never go back to IE. Ads are one thing but blaring audio ads are just wrong.

Add your comment to this topic!