Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 venture problems

joeshannallie
05-25-2011, 08:48 PM
I got a 2004 Venture with 3.4, My problem is that it is like it has a miss and does not want to take gas and go right away but eventually it does. SEL is on and the ABS light is on. Had the code pulled and it said number 4 injector was open.. Replaced the injector and it still did not help it. Has anybody got any clue as to what to do next?

rkvons
05-26-2011, 12:46 PM
I got a 2004 Venture with 3.4, My problem is that it is like it has a miss and does not want to take gas and go right away but eventually it does. SEL is on and the ABS light is on. Had the code pulled and it said number 4 injector was open.. Replaced the injector and it still did not help it. Has anybody got any clue as to what to do next?
You sure it isn't an open in the wires that control injector 4? I don't see how the computer could determine that the injector itself is open. I believe there should be +V on one of the injector leads and the computer grounds the other lead when it wants to inject fuel. So you could see if one of the leads has +V and see if the other has continuity to the computer. Don't know which wire is which or where they go though.

lesterl
05-26-2011, 09:15 PM
What was the SPECIFIC code# given?

joeshannallie
05-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Well actually it said misfire on #4. I have put another injector(used) in I have changed the front oxygen sensor and I also have tried the actual plug that it calls for in the #4 cylinder. Still the same. When it is idling the engine shakes some and then you can race the engine up and it is fine. When I take the plug out and leave it connected to see if it is firing, It is and it is arching from the round part that the socket goes on to bring it out. That does not seem right to me, Shouldn`t it only be sparking on the end of the plug? Even the new one does that. Could it possibly be grounding out or something when I tighten the plug up? I am out of options. Maybe I will replace all the injectors and see what happens. That cylinder has good compression(I guess) it fluctuates between 90 and 120 pounds. Someone please reply with a solution if there is one. Sorry to be so winded just trying to post all the details.

lesterl
05-28-2011, 12:04 AM
90-120 PSI is kinda on the low side, all of mine were around 150-160....

The plug should be jumping from the center electrode to the bent electrode, what is the gap? Can you post a picture of a plug and use paintbrush to draw a line where it is arcing or show us a vid of it?

Have you considered a bad plug wire? A bad coil pack? If the tower on the coilpack is rusted, replace it and the wire.

joeshannallie
05-28-2011, 09:41 AM
The plug wire seems to be fine. It is getting fire thru it. If the coil was bad would it still be getting fire? How do I know if I got a burnt valve without tearing it apart? I think I will try a fuel filter today to see if that may be it. I could not even spin out in gravels yesterday with the pedal to the floor. It is like it is starved for gas at times.

lesterl
06-03-2011, 06:24 PM
What color is the spark? Orangish? Whitish? Coil could be bad/weak and still spark.

Add your comment to this topic!